Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 11:01 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposable2 View Post
He's admitted in the past that he's never been outside of the Northeast, and other times he has said he has LOL, whatever's convenient I guess

Prove it, find the post....."Good Luck" in my Taken movie voice.....

I feel like people feel like they can just say anything on this site. Just spew whatever from their mouth. Don't need proof, just babble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 11:07 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,561,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Prove it, find the post.....

"Good Luck" in my Taken movie voice.....
Well, it certainly turned out well for that guy.

And his entire village in Albania.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:58 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
I was talking about Gallery Place, not Nationals Park. Nationals Park is in the process of getting built still. It has, however, paid itself off which is the only reason I brought it up. Go back and read.
You were talking about the areas surrounding Houston, SF, and SD's ballparks. I don't know about Houston but SD and SF's ballparks are definitely not surrounded by "parking lots and low intensity development" like you said, yes go back and reread what I actually quoted of you. You haven't actually been to those areas have you?

That's fine you think Gallery Place is more vibrant than any other area outside a sporting venue besides MSG, given it's location I would hope so. But what you said abotu SF and SF was way off. Have you even been there in the last day? Those areas are practically unrecognizable from last week. The amount of celebrity chefs opening up restaurants in those areas is mind bottling.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
You were talking about the areas surrounding Houston, SF, and SD's ballparks. I don't know about Houston but SD and SF's ballparks are definitely not surrounded by "parking lots and low intensity development" like you said, yes go back and reread what I actually quoted of you. You haven't actually been to those areas have you?

That's fine you think Gallery Place is more vibrant than any other area outside a sporting venue besides MSG, given it's location I would hope so. But what you said abotu SF and SF was way off. Have you even been there in the last day? Those areas are practically unrecognizable from last week. The amount of celebrity chefs opening up restaurants in those areas is mind bottling.
My comment was in comparison to Gallery Place. Isn't there a parking lot next to Giants Stadium? Maybe its gone now. To clarify, there were two different discussions going on in this thread the last day. One was comparing Gallery Place to the other stadium districts which I said had nothing on Gallery Place. The other discussion was on publicly financed stadiums paying for themselves which Nationals Park is doing right now. Two different discussions that really had nothing to do with each other. I don't think it's fair to compare places that aren't done to thriving finished districts like Gallery Place. Maybe the other cities should not have been brought up to begin with in comparison to DC since Gallery Place is done. I think when Nations Park and the rest of the places are 100% done, then we can compare them. Do you think they will compare to Gallery Place?

Old 11-12-2013, 07:30 AM

Tower Cos. to start demolition work for The Blairs in mid-2014 - Washington Business Journal

The Blairs: 2,800 Unit Development in Silver Spring, MD breaks ground mid 2014.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:14 PM

Microsoft has committed to opening an innovation center at the St. Elizabeth site in S.E. D.C. which is a major boost for this development.
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/housingcomplex/2013/11/15/microsoft-commits-to-opening-d-c-innovation-center/

Master Plan calls for: (1,300 housing units, 1.8 million sq. ft. of office space, 206,000 sq. ft. of retail, 330,000 sq. ft. hospitality space)
http://www.stelizabethseast.com/wp-c...appendices.pdf

Twelve Colleges Want a Part of St. Elizabeths - Housing Complex

Old 11-22-2013, 02:30 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,133,368 times
Are you using this thread for every new D.C. project announced?

Old 11-22-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post

This isn't a new project. It's already started. The coast guard just opened up their new headquarters in the St. Elizabeth west development which is separate from this development. The St. Elizabeth gateway arts/food pavilion has opened on the east side of the development. I forgot about this project actually when I first posted the other ones. Probably because it has such a large office component which doesn't interest me.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:39 PM

281 posts, read 472,816 times
Quote:
I think so, he's in my top 5 delusional boosters on CD

Old 11-22-2013, 02:41 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times
Quote:
Yes. Essentially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City