Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 08:09 PM

137 posts, read 220,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
If you are talking about the walmart that's just inside the 610 loop, that is not downtown. There are no suburban wal marts in downtown Houston. Once again, you have lied. And I said they are building town homes in the neighborhoods surrounding downtown Houston. Just like every other city is doing or historically did in the nation. You also do realize that Dallas has a wal mart neighborhood store not very far from downtown.
Correction I said the core not downtown so no it wasn't a lie, I've said from the very beginning that this discussion is about the citie's core.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 08:12 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,149,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralyber View Post
Of course townhouses create density but not to the level a 10-20-30 story building would correct? I'm not arguing that the core of Houston will never see 10,000 + ppsm as I'm sure it will, but I am arguing that cities like Atlanta and Dallas that use better planning and zoning will create a better utilized use of land in the core giving those cities more density and a more lively downtown core.
no you arue which would hit it first.. given that Houston already has the highest level of It right now, then by logic is all stay on course Houston would hit it first... Just common sense

Old 10-12-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
no you arue which would hit it first.. given that Houston already has the highest level of It right now, then by logic is all stay on course Houston would hit it first... Just common sense
The other 2 are not standing idle either my friend

Old 10-12-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Correction I said the core not downtown so no it wasn't a lie, I've said from the very beginning that this discussion is about the citie's core.
You were yalking about the core when you said ppsq .. walmart was nowhere near that ...You said Donwtown when talking about walmart.. just say you were mis informed be done with it geez.. Instead of trying to keep of this charde that you are a Houston expert based on the fact that you lived here like 10 years ago are something... Just say hey I heard that , I guess It was bad information

Old 10-12-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
The other 2 are not standing idle either my friend
Did anyone say they were ?? I even said that given it smaller area I would not be surprised that ATL hit first.. least space to fill

Old 10-12-2013, 08:17 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
But you said on the last page:

Quote:
even walmart has build suburban walmarts in downtown Houston, something the other 2 cities wouldn't let walmart get away with.
Keep digging that hole. If you're talking about the reference to the tow homes, I was speaking about what is being built surrounding the downtown core, not in downtown. And most of the growing population if the areas immediately surrounding downtown is in the midrises variety such as post oak developments.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
But you said on the last page:

Keep digging that hole. If you're talking about the reference to the tow homes, I was speaking about what is being built surrounding the downtown core, not in downtown. And most of the growing population if the areas immediately surrounding downtown is in the midrises variety such as post oak developments.
Well I was mainly talking about the townhouses, in this day and age the fact that Houston is building them in the core says a lot in which way Houston is heading vs the other cities.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Well I was mainly talking about the townhouses, in this day and age the fact that Houston is building them in the core says a lot in which way Houston is heading vs the other cities.
Greater Density ???? Which you just confrimed Town Homes do add to density not even four post ago ??

Old 10-12-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
Greater Density ???? Which you just confrimed Town Homes do add to density not even four post ago ??
Yea it creates density I wouldn't call it great though

Old 10-12-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Yea it creates density I wouldn't call it great though
Why not ???? What does 25 townhomes on a block lack that A seven story does not ?? . Exceptly given that these townhomes sit in major urban areas, robbing them of known of the amedites that go into urban lving, like bars in walkable distance, retail, access to mass transit, restraunts..etc

in fact most times they are being built next to each other

You know who mostly buys town houses the empty nesters, and the 7 story with a bar on the ground floor young professinals.. Why would I not build to meet that market.. with all that disposbale income.. They are the one who will be at the corner cafe at 11 i the morning, they are the one who visit mom and pop places for shopping...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City