Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 11:10 AM

89 posts, read 96,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Ive read as much as I could stomach of this thread.This guy is obviously not worth your time.Let him move to Dallas or wherever.He sounds ridiculously unable to handle the diversity our city has.
I would rather not have in our wonderful GROWING city tarnished with such a spiteful attitude.

Funny how cities growing as fast as Atlanta has and with the highest percent change in white residents in America after D.C. can somehow be a festering slum with crazy crime ridden neighborhoods everywhere and with speakers blasting Hip Hop at City Hall.

Just let him move already.Its his loss.We know what we have.Let him stay ignorant.
Lol oh okay I will just happily move to one of top 5 most dangerous cities in the usa. Sounds like a cool place to be! I love dangerous cities!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 12:04 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,083,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London_knowledge View Post
Lol oh okay I will just happily move to one of top 5 most dangerous cities in the usa. Sounds like a cool place to be! I love dangerous cities!
Its funny that your OP asked nothing about Atlanta, yet you're being swarmed by the Atlanta zombies. COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE. Lol...hilarious! If Atlanta is such a great place to live(and I'm not saying it isn't), then why are so many of its residents on CD constantly harassing people about it. Almost as if they need to prove something. I don't get it.

Oh well...

Old 10-30-2013, 12:18 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,172 times
If you're looking for mild to warm winters, cross out Charolette. It get's pretty cold in North Carolina, it even snows. Though it's a very pretty state with lot's of forests and mountains and rivers.

Dallas and Tampa are both pretty hot during the summer, but Tampa is by the ocean so you can get a nice breeze to cool you off. I'm not sure what place is more dangerous though, but I do know Tampa has some bad parts (but so does every other major city). Dallas probably has the better jobs, most of the jobs in Florida tend to be in the tourism industry, but if you get a job lined up already then this won't be an issue. You will probably have higher home owners insurance if you move here to Florida due to hurricanes. Both states are pretty low on taxes, so that's a good thing, don't know about Texas but here in Florida there is no state income tax! Not sure what state has a lower cost of living, but Florida is pretty low for the most part, aside from South Florida (and that's mainly just in terms of housing).

Good luck and hope you find the right place for you and your family!

Old 10-30-2013, 12:20 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,172 times
Quote:
I'm not advocating for Atlanta (I myself think it's a good city) but the crime is easily avoidable, it tends to be concentrated to just one part of the city for the most part. Just like most big cities. There are safe areas in Atlanta to live and raise a family.

Though I'm not sure why people brought it up as Atlanta was not one of your choices to begin with.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
If you're looking for mild to warm winters, cross out Charolette. It get's pretty cold in North Carolina, it even snows. Though it's a very pretty state with lot's of forests and mountains and rivers.

Dallas and Tampa are both pretty hot during the summer, but Tampa is by the ocean so you can get a nice breeze to cool you off. I'm not sure what place is more dangerous though, but I do know Tampa has some bad parts (but so does every other major city). Dallas probably has the better jobs, most of the jobs in Florida tend to be in the tourism industry, but if you get a job lined up already then this won't be an issue. You will probably have higher home owners insurance if you move here to Florida due to hurricanes. Both states are pretty low on taxes, so that's a good thing, don't know about Texas but here in Florida there is no state income tax! Not sure what state has a lower cost of living, but Florida is pretty low for the most part, aside from South Florida (and that's mainly just in terms of housing).

Good luck and hope you find the right place for you and your family!
Appreciate the very useful info.
Ive ruled out Tampa and Charlotte but Dallas is up there with Houston now! I need to decide quite soon. My partner likes idea of Denver I see the summers are hot there, the winters will be cold but not Arctic conditions like Chicago and new york!

Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Its funny that your OP asked nothing about Atlanta, yet you're being swarmed by the Atlanta zombies. COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE. Lol...hilarious! If Atlanta is such a great place to live(and I'm not saying it isn't), then why are so many of its residents on CD constantly harassing people about it. Almost as if they need to prove something. I don't get it.

Oh well...
We only wanted to correct the misinformation that was being presented. Other folks do the same for their cities; it's only natural, plus we even had non-Atlantans chiming in in defense of the city. That's how bad things had gotten.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:47 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
PulteGroup, Metro Detroit Homebuilder, Moving Corporate Offices To Atlanta

Novelis bringing North American HQ to Atlanta - Atlanta Business Chronicle

NCR moving HQ to Duluth, to bring 2,100-plus jobs to Georgia - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Those are just some of the major companies that have relocated to Atlanta.

Do you honestly think that a GROWING city population with big corporations moving in the area all the time if it were so dangerous?

Considering the crime is MUCH less than it was when the Olympics were awarded,I'd say you just want to remain ignorant of what Atlanta is and is not.A crime ridden city is NOT Atlanta.

Common sense would suggest that your assertions are totally off base with NO regard to reality.So yes.It is a very cool place apparently.

Enjoy Dallas.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:52 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:

Oh well...
If that is how you are following how this came about in this thread,then you are severly lacking in objectivity.

He considered Atlanta.HE meaning the OP.Then he said he changed his mind based on some flawed logic and information.Now HOW in the world is that Atlanta posters "hounding" him when he makes comments that are just not true?

I can see you don't get it.Not one bit.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:29 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
Quote:

Oh well...
Well for starters if people would stop creating threads about Atlanta u wouldn't have to see people come in and defend Atlanta. Just look on city vs city count how many threads u see with Atlanta in it . Then count how many of those threads were created by Atlanta posters..

No one is harrassing anyone. We are being harrassed by people constantly creating threads with Atlanta in it.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
We only wanted to correct the misinformation that was being presented. Other folks do the same for their cities; it's only natural, plus we even had non-Atlantans chiming in in defense of the city. That's how bad things had gotten.
You have done the opposite though. By over protecting and falsely representing atlanta it has made me look into it in depth and just shown me exactly the reasons not to move there! Its a real shame you cant admit atlanta has high crime and is one of the top 5 to 10 most dangerous cities in the usa according to many many sources surveys, findings and opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City