Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 04:20 PM

204 posts, read 309,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
You're in no place to tell someone not to move to any city because it's boring to you. No one in the Charlotte forum is saying it's boring, and the Bobcats are not becoming the Las Vegas Bobcats. .
Do you know why the Bobcats are playing their preseason in Las Vegas? The attendance level is terrible low in Charlotte. No one respects the teams. Really.....Charlotte Bobcats? Really?

Really? No one is saying it's boring? Why I've personally come to dislike Charlotte a lot

I Know a guy who thought Charlotte was so boring he started:
KeepCharlotteBoring.com
Quote:
Keep Charlotte Boring is an organization devoted to developing Charlotte’s potential. Our mission is to help cultivate a dynamic space for people to interact with each other sharing their inspiring ideas and passions. We want to link everyone to the energy and inspiration Charlotte and its community has to offer.
Charlotte has potential but it has a ways to go.
Quote:

There is apparently something pulling 25 million visitors a year to
Charlotte.
Pulling number out of thin air?
"As North Carolina’s No. 1 travel destination, over 14 million people visit the Charlotte area each year."
Belk Bowl

Protip: Don't get information from Wikipedia.org!

Quote:
Could you elaborate on how Raleigh is more exciting? Raleigh is a northern city
stuck in the South.
Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina, has art, politics, technology, and is in the research triangle. It's a short drive away from the ocean.

Quote:
Maybe if you're into fake culture
You speak like a true idiot. What is this fake culture? What makes yours so real? You don't have any facts just opinions. Btw, I grew up in Charlotte and its burbs. I know you didn't because you know nothing about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 05:15 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,675,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4d10 View Post
Do you know why the Bobcats are playing their preseason in Las Vegas? The attendance level is terrible low in Charlotte. No one respects the teams. Really.....Charlotte Bobcats? Really?

Really? No one is saying it's boring? Why I've personally come to dislike Charlotte a lot

KeepCharlotteBoring.com

"As North Carolina’s No. 1 travel destination, over 14 million people visit the Charlotte area each year."
Belk Bowl

Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina, has art, politics, technology, and is in the research triangle. It's a short drive away from the ocean.

You speak like a true idiot. What is this fake culture? What makes yours so real? You don't have any facts just opinions. Btw, I grew up in Charlotte and its burbs. I know you didn't because you know nothing about it.

I agree wholeheartedly. Charlotte just isn't there yet when it comes to culture. The Triangle and Ashville are the only big contenders in the state... I've been bored in Charlotte quite a few times as a visitor...

Old 10-23-2013, 05:34 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,235,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Lyoko View Post
Honestly, if you're working in any programming, computer engineering, consultant, telecommunications, research and development, IT field then there is only one choice and that's Dallas. Which is the one I would recommend to you either way, it's a massive city compared to the other two and has practically everything needed.

It's laughable to even put Tampa, Charlotte, or Atlanta in the same category for that field. Dallas is a definite second tier technology center, only behind the first tier of the Bay Area, New York, and Seattle. Dallas also has a healthier job market and on average higher wages than Atlanta or Tampa and such.

You're right, Code Lyoko, Dallas is the biggest tech center of the potential cities that have been mentioned, but since Dallas is ranked #5 and Atlanta #10, I'm thinking that either would be a good option for someone in IT, so it would boil down to which city he prefers to live in.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:05 PM

11 posts, read 16,491 times
CHARLOTTE HORNETS! ! ! Can't wait until 2014.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:10 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,961,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillstuckinthesouth View Post
You're right, Code Lyoko, Dallas is the biggest tech center of the potential cities that have been mentioned, but since Dallas is ranked #5 and Atlanta #10, I'm thinking that either would be a good option for someone in IT, so it would boil down to which city he prefers to live in.
Yeah both would be sufficient but Atlanta's tech corridor is similar to other eastern cities like Boston or Washington. Lots of consultants and contract work with the tech industry because the industry itself is infused with others like medicine, defense, government, retail, logistics, and such. Dallas also has those contract jobs in spades.

What Dallas has however that the three eastern examples I posted about don't have as large of is a large tech based industry. Dallas is the headquarter city for solely tech based companies such as; AT&T, Belo Corporation, Travelocity, Research in Motion, Texas Instruments, CommScope, CompuCom, Fujitsu Network Communications, so on. It rightly has deserved the nickname bestowed upon it as the Silicon Prairie.

In Atlanta, every major company has integrated their systems to running SAP (either ABAP or FiCo), so places like UPS and Home Depot are all in need of technology contractors as well, practically every company in the country runs the services of SAP so theoretically every city has a decent tech industry. Including Dallas companies like JC Penny or Southwest Airlines.

What Atlanta doesn't have is a tech breeding and growing atmosphere. It doesn't have the cluster of tech only companies, it's also lagging behind Dallas in start-ups, venture capital, and my guess probably incomes and wages to those in the tech industry.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:14 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
All of those cities mentioned will u give u hot steamy summers.
However, Tampa will give u those wild to warm winters. Dallas...not so much. Charlotte? defo not.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:54 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,335,594 times
Dallas is the easy answer.

As far as demographics are concerned, Dallas-Fort Worth is one of only a handful of American metropolitan areas where you have a larger than average presence of numerous ethnicities. Hispanics form the largest minority group, the black population will soon exceed one million (if it hasn't already), and the Asian population may soon be larger than the national average (again, if it isn't already). Neither Tampa, Charlotte, or Atlanta can really say the same.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:03 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,335,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just so you know, the humidity in Atlanta makes a summer day there just as brutal as a summer day in the Dallas area.
Oh, I don't know about that one lol. Not only does Dallas have its humid days, but the summers are longer, and it's not unusual for the actual temperature to exceed 100 degrees. There's also much less shade and cloud cover.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:39 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,321,202 times
Quote:
But they're still the Charlotte Bobcats.

Quote:

KeepCharlotteBoring.com

Everyone can say any city is boring. You calling Charlotte boring is completely irrelevant to the OP.

Quote:
Belk Bowl

Day Tripping in Uptown | MomsCharlotte.com
Why Center City | Charlotte Center City & Uptown Charlotte

You went to Wikipedia.

Quote:
And this is culture to which extent?

Quote:
Ten Reasons We Should All Just Agree That Tampa Sucks

You grew up in Charlotte, yet you don't even know how many people visit the city every year. You must be very old with outdated opinions or very young with the maturity level.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:12 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,554 times
Your come backs are always very weak. You need to work on that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
But they're still the Charlotte Bobcats.

Everyone can say any city is boring. You calling Charlotte boring is completely irrelevant to the OP.

Day Tripping in Uptown | MomsCharlotte.com
Why Center City | Charlotte Center City & Uptown Charlotte

You went to Wikipedia.

And this is culture to which extent?

Ten Reasons We Should All Just Agree That Tampa Sucks

You grew up in Charlotte, yet you don't even know how many people visit the city every year. You must be very old with outdated opinions or very young with the maturity level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City