Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer
Canada 110 53.66%
Texas 82 40.00%
Undecided 7 3.41%
Neither 6 2.93%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 10:20 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Quality of life surveys have found that Vienna, Canadian cities like Toronto and Vancouver, and several Australian cities, are the most livable in the world, at least for top 10.
Still depends on definition, idk what Quality of life surveys use as a definition of "livable"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 10:37 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,821,347 times
Canada by far. Better cities, better overall economy, more culture, diversity (in it's people and landscape), better people.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yet another American state being put up against a country....

L
O
L

Criteria:
- More interesting: Texas
- Parks: No clue
- Dining: Texas
- Sight seeing locations: Canada
- Weather: Texas
- Economy: Texas
- Prominence: Texas
- Diversity & Integration: Texas
- More scenic: Canada
- Better cities: Texas
- More livable: Texas
Is this a joke?

More interesting Texas?! Even though Canada has much more diverse culture and a big portion is French.

Dining? Texas? Really?! Canada has Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal when it comes to food. Texas only really has Houston, and Dallas is ok nothing great though.

Anyway not even going to bother your post is outrageous.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:55 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,172 times
Texas hands down! I prefer the weather, love Southern Culture, love the scenery (much of it is flat but that's not really a bad thing), awesome cities like Houstan and Dallas, love the lower taxes and lower cost of living in general to most places. Plus it has some pretty decent beaches in the gulf coastal area.

Canada is has some beauty as well, but I would never want to live there.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Texas hands down! I prefer the weather, love Southern Culture, love the scenery (much of it is flat but that's not really a bad thing), awesome cities like Houstan and Dallas, love the lower taxes and lower cost of living in general to most places. Plus it has some pretty decent beaches in the gulf coastal area.

Canada is has some beauty as well, but I would never want to live there.
Uhm I would say that Canada has more than "some" beauty, especially when being compared to Texas. Wow, can't believe so much arrogance in this thread.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:10 AM

24,476 posts, read 10,804,014 times
"more interesting" does not put food on the table or cash into the travel account - Texas is booming and I do not need a visa.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Uhm I would say that Canada has more than "some" beauty, especially when being compared to Texas. Wow, can't believe so much arrogance in this thread.
What arrogance are you referring to? I never said Canada was bad, also you are taking my "some" comment too literally. I meant "some" in the general sense, as in Canada does have some beautiful parts to it, same goes for Texas. I apologize if it sounded like I was saying Canada was ugly, that was not the case. I will not apologize for my preference though, Texas is still the better place IMO. It has so much diversity it's amazing! It's also the future economy of America.

And people who say Texas is all flat have never been to the state. There are some mountain and hilly areas, mainly in central Texas. Ever hear of the Gadalupe Mountains?

Last edited by FloridaPirate355; 10-30-2013 at 11:50 AM..

Old 10-30-2013, 11:42 AM

1,574 posts, read 5,114,620 times
Quote:
Canada by far. Better cities, better overall economy, more culture, diversity (in it's people and landscape), better people.
"Better" in what sense?

They're probably better in keeping to themselves. I find Canadians (in Vancouver, Toronto) can be rather uptight and not that friendly in nature.

Conversely, my time in Houston and Dallas encountered countless warm and hospitable types.
Strangers are more likely to help each other out in Texas imo.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:46 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Is this a joke?

More interesting Texas?! Even though Canada has much more diverse culture and a big portion is French.

Dining? Texas? Really?! Canada has Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal when it comes to food. Texas only really has Houston, and Dallas is ok nothing great though.

Anyway not even going to bother your post is outrageous.
No.
Other people have different opinions from yours, welcome to planet earth.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
"Better" in what sense?

They're probably better in keeping to themselves. I find Canadians (in Vancouver, Toronto) can be rather uptight and not that friendly in nature.

Conversely, my time in Houston and Dallas encountered countless warm and hospitable types.

There is a different culture certainly.
I find claims such as "better people" to be misleading. People are basically just people regardless of where you go, sure there are some cultural differences but you will still find your good and bad people like everywhere else.

One thing I love about people in Texas though is how polite most people are, they hold the door open for you and say "Yes Sir" when you talk to them. Many will often invite you out to lunch or a home cooked meal with them. Much like the rest of the south. People in other places are nice too, just in a different way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City