Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 01:45 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Thanks and yes, Georgia is a pretty nice state. One of the things I probably wouldn't like about living down there is the fact that I'll probably be increasing my chances of dealing with tornadoes and the full brunt of a hurricane or tropical storm coming ashore from the Gulf or near it, I probably won't make as much down there as I would up here depending on the job, and dealing with those dinosaur-sized insects that can get as big as the palm of your hand LOL If any Southerners see this, I've got to ask....How in the world do the insects down South get so big sometimes?
We just ignore them so I have no idea how they get "that" big. Are they really big?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 02:10 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
We just ignore them so I have no idea how they get "that" big. Are they really big?
LOL I remember one time years ago when my childhood friend went to Florida and came back home with a cricket he caught while he was down there. The cricket was pretty big. Bigger than the ones up here. IIRC, it was almost as big as his hand.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
LOL I remember one time years ago when my childhood friend went to Florida and came back home with a cricket he caught while he was down there. The cricket was pretty big. Bigger than the ones up here. IIRC, it was almost as big as his hand.
Awesome!

My cat just brought a mouse into the house. It really wasn't that big...but it also wasn't an insect. Come to think of it, I had to look twice to be sure it wasn't a bug.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Awesome!

My cat just brought a mouse into the house. It really wasn't that big...but it also wasn't an insect. Come to think of it, I had to look twice to be sure it wasn't a bug.
At least it wasn't a rat LOL What color was the mouse?

Old 10-28-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
At least it wasn't a rat LOL What color was the mouse?
Nearly black. Why? Now you're freaking me out more (I was already freaked out since I had to manage to get the cat out of the house WITH the mouse still in his mouth - last time he dropped the very much alive mouse and all hell broke loose as you can imagine).

Old 10-28-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Nearly black. Why? Now you're freaking me out more (I was already freaked out since I had to manage to get the cat out of the house WITH the mouse still in his mouth - last time he dropped the very much alive mouse and all hell broke loose as you can imagine).
Oh okay, just making conversation Oh wow, and it was still alive???

Old 10-28-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Oh okay, just making conversation Oh wow, and it was still alive???
I don't know - they tend to play dead till they're out of the cat's mouth. I managed to get the cat out the door with the mouse still in his mouth.

Sorry, mouse - you're on your own.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I don't know - they tend to play dead till they're out of the cat's mouth. I managed to get the cat out the door with the mouse still in his mouth.

Sorry, mouse - you're on your own.
Oh okay. Very clever of them Lol.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:36 PM

254 posts, read 419,069 times
I've been to Baltimore before, toured it, took a boat across a river there, saw a WW2 submarine. Lots of fun. Don't think I'd want to actually live in Baltimore, though.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:34 PM

254 posts, read 419,069 times
bump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City