Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Brooklyn vs Los Angeles
Brooklyn 32 46.38%
Los Angeles 37 53.62%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 11:55 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I don't get it. I lived there. What about this picture is supposed to be more attractive than the tony parts of Brooklyn? It's basically not that much fun to live in the picture you posted overall. It's not quite rural, it's somewhat suburban, and it's only glancingly urban. Have you ever lived in either area before?
That is actually why i voted for Los Angeles instead of Brooklyn.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:31 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
haha I mean jajajaja at the bragging about rental rates.

What that shows is people are willing to pay a lot more to rent in Brooklyn but as far as actually buying they wont pay Manhattan prices because Brooklyn is not on the same level of desirability. I already knew that btw.

Anyway, dream on BK...
http://aeronauticpictures.com/aerial...angeles_01.jpg
Lol, is this a photo of Denver? Nice I suppose if you like a area like that.

This is what urbanity/city looks like Downtown Brooklyn.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...ticleLarge.jpg
http://distilleryimage9.s3.amazonaws...0a9f09e9_8.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/nyguy/image/150118750/original.jpg

And it's in it's infancy stages. . . . =)

Shall we talk about under construction projects and/or approvals or no? Or more talk about amenities? What happened to the food discussion? You probably don't want to mention that right? This is too funny to me. . . .

Why do you think the focus is shifting towards Brooklyn in the media, hence the global awareness/frenzy now? NYC marketing at it's best of course. You don't seem to realize this is not just for now, this is the future of New York. Deal with it. Brooklyn will never be a city of it's own, no matter how many times City-data tries to make that happen. Truly the only borough I can see leaving/seceding is Staten Island.

Last edited by JMT; 11-23-2013 at 10:00 AM..

Old 11-23-2013, 12:55 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Lol, is this a photo of Denver? Nice I suppose if you like a area like that.

This is what urbanity/city looks like Downtown Brooklyn.

And it's in it's infancy stages. . . . =)

Shall we talk about under construction projects and/or approvals or no? Or more talk about amenities? What happened to the food discussion? You probably don't want to mention that right? This is too funny to me. . . .

Why do you think the focus is shifting towards Brooklyn in the media, hence the global awareness/frenzy now? NYC marketing at it's best of course. You don't seem to realize this is not just for now, this is the future of New York. Deal with it. Brooklyn will never be a city of it's own, no matter how many times City-data tries to make that happen. Truly the only borough I can see leaving/seceding is Staten Island.
Between the Westside and Brooklyn or LA and Brooklyn?

Old 11-23-2013, 01:36 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Between the Westside and Brooklyn or LA and Brooklyn?
I guess between the Westside and Brooklyn. If we do L.A we would add the other boroughs and I don't think any other city at the moment have more cranes up and approved projects with funding/under-construction.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:53 AM

37,132 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
We were waaaaay down the Q Line actually, and I have been told by Nei that the neighborhood is probably Sheepshead Bay. We spent most of the time in Manhattan, mostly doing the tourist thing, so no good recommendations unfortunately. It might not actually be that Jewish, just really Russian - I think my aunt is from that neighborhood.

I'm 90 percent sure this is the Metro stop we got on and off at in Brooklyn: http://goo.gl/maps/EhneP
Sheepshead Bay is way out there. There's Randazzo's out there, but I don't think I've visited anything else in the neighborhood. If you ever want any recs for parts of Brooklyn for the next time y'all visit, let me know. On the same token, do you recommend anything that's popped up this year for LA? I'll be there until pretty much the end of the year and would love to see what new developments have happened in the time I've been gone.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:25 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,797,732 times
No question.........

Brooklyn!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City