Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 12:44 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times

Advertisements

...ask an employee of Boeing...

I must ask, though. I grew up in New England, where all of us put ketchup on our hot dogs, especially me. I also love visiting Chicago, and have been there at least a dozen times in the past 1 1/2 years, spending lots of money at Second City, the Borders on Michigan Avenue, the Hershey's Chocolate factory, and Cub/White Sox/Black Hawk games. Am you going to divert my plane back to Boston because of my ketchup bias?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 12:53 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,799 times
My girlfriend has it and I can get past it for her. I put my french fries in ranch, so I can't talk too much. I just hate ketchup on anything- but especially hot dogs.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:15 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,558,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Spending even 2 seconds pondering what should and what should not go on a hotdog is a joke. It's a hot dog not a filet mignon!
So you're not a New Yorker after all! New Yorkers take their dogs as seriously as Chicagoans...check out Katz's Deli, Nathan's in Coney Island or Gray's Papaya.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/25/dining/25dogs.html

Old 03-24-2009, 01:27 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
Ketchup on a hot dog is a joke.
I hail from Pittsburgh! Saying that will get you cut there!...

P.S. Heinz's world head quarters is located in Pittsburgh. It's also where they make the ketchup.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:29 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Nah, its not against the rules except when you get one "Chicago Style" or on Vienna Hot Dogs,that is unacceptable. lol
Chicago hot dogs SUCK! NYC's are WAY better!...

Old 03-24-2009, 01:44 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
So you're not a New Yorker after all! New Yorkers take their dogs as seriously as Chicagoans...check out Katz's Deli, Nathan's in Coney Island or Gray's Papaya.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/25/dining/25dogs.html

You got to be crazy. There are better things in life than hotdogs. Chicago is the only place pathetic enough to even bring up hotdogs in conversation. Discussing a personal taste i.e. what shoul and what should not go on a hotdog is simply dumb.
Yup, Chicago has a knack for blowing things out of proportion. I guess that's because there is so little going on there...
Going bakc to the topic, Seattle is great, so is Portland. Compared to pretentious, obnoxious low-brow Chicago those are gems set in a beautiful natural setting.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:48 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,558,690 times
Quote:
You got to be crazy. There are better things in life than hotdogs. Chicago is the only place pathetic enough to even bring up hotdogs in conversation. Discussing a personal taste i.e. what shoul and what should not go on a hotdog is simply dumb.
Yup, Chicago has a knack for blowing things out of proportion. I guess that's because there is so little going on there...
You can stop pretending you're from NYC now.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"Do you want cheese on your Whopper?"

"It's not a filet mignon- I don't care what you put on it!"
No. I am going to discuss this with my family and friends. I want to make sure that my whopper's matches the silverware and provides the ultimate culinary experience What's next, salt or no salt on your fries?

Old 03-24-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
...ask an employee of Boeing...

I must ask, though. I grew up in New England, where all of us put ketchup on our hot dogs, especially me. I also love visiting Chicago, and have been there at least a dozen times in the past 1 1/2 years, spending lots of money at Second City, the Borders on Michigan Avenue, the Hershey's Chocolate factory, and Cub/White Sox/Black Hawk games. Am you going to divert my plane back to Boston because of my ketchup bias?

Believe it or not some people in Chicago may get offended when you put ketchup on your hotdog... How pathetic a city can be where people actually pay attantion to things like that? And it is not any special chicago hotdog, it's a plain Vienna dog available across the nation

Old 03-24-2009, 02:29 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,799 times
Quote:
No. I am going to discuss this with my family and friends. I want to make sure that my whopper's matches the silverware and provides the ultimate culinary experience What's next, salt or no salt on your fries?
Salt.

You can't discuss food? You don't like to? That's fine, but don't put your inadequacies on us.

Hendu, you're late on the dementor train. First he said he lived in Chicago, then was caught saying he goes to Chicago for work, then admitted he had actually never been, and then edited it real fast. The whole board knows he's a liar, and he just acts like nothing happened. Just laugh at him, there's no point in having a real discussion with him. He's extremely provincial and doesn't have too much world experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City