Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2014, 08:19 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,890,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
I'm not sure why you got so butt hurt about my comments on CHS. SAV has arguably the most important fine arts and particularly film culture within the Southeast (other than MIA). I'm not sure what CHS brings to the table except a port.

Is it classier than Myrtle Beach? Yes. Did I have a good time? Yes. Is it a place I'm dying to go back to and visit? Absolutely not. Plenty of other cities in the S.E. I'd rather visit with more to do.
I'm not butthurt at all, but you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. That level of ignorance isn't worthy of a serious response.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:12 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,734,435 times
Most Overrated: Charlotte

Most Underrated: Tampa

Old 03-03-2014, 12:11 PM

639 posts, read 820,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
It's just a matter of time, though. I like NO, but its future is probably sealed without massive investment like the Dutch have done.

As the other poster said there has been major improvements when it comes to New Orleans I'm talking billions of dollars. But the Dutch system would be NICE, though. God Willing NOLA will turn 300 years old in a few years. I'm not sure how familiar you are with KATRINA but the ONLY reason most of the city flooded was because of the levees which were supposed to be maintained by the FEDERAL GOVT. that's there property NOT New Orleans property. Also the wetlands played a part as well which there is a big fuss going on right now regarding restoring the wetlands which are the first line of defense should a hurricane threaten. There a fuss over who should fund it and everyone os saying those oil companies should fund MOST if not ALL because its because of their drilling that has cost the wetlands to deterioate. And remember the rest of the country NEEDS oil SO they BETTER make sure New Orleans is PROTECTED or the **** will hit the fan. It's all good though because GOD is ALWAYS in control.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:51 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,360 times
Quote:
Other cities in the south I have been to: Austin, New Orleans, Dallas (would you could that?), Nashville, Tampa, Orlando, Miami, San Antonio. Of these my favorites are Austin, Nashville, Orlando, and Miami.

I'm going back to Orlando in May, at least it's tentative so I'm hoping to do more than just the theme parks. Like maybe hit up downtown Orlando. Other than that, I like most of the other cities in FL. Tampa and Miami included. I used to like New Orleans but I think I outgrew that place years ago.
Be sure to hit up downtown Winter Park (Park Ave) if you have time after Downtown Orlando. The Winter Park Boat Tour is also right off park ave and is a really pretty and relaxing ride.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:46 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,371,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I'm not butthurt at all, but you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. That level of ignorance isn't worthy of a serious response.
Why do you constantly belittle people? Seriously, you have a very high superiority complex.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Why do you constantly belittle people? Seriously, you have a very high superiority complex.
Are you serious? Dude, you are the absolute last person who's even remotely qualified to make this type of commentary. The quality of these types of discussions increased like tenfold while you were away.

And I never belittled him; I merely pointed out the fact that he doesn't have the slightest clue what he's talking about yet he acts as though he does. I refrained from making any personal attacks. The only reason you're sticking up for him is because both of you share the same perspective based on factually incorrect/highly questionable information.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:26 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,522,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Are you serious? Dude, you are the absolute last person who's even remotely qualified to make this type of commentary. The quality of these types of discussions increased like tenfold while you were away.

And I never belittled him; I merely pointed out the fact that he doesn't have the slightest clue what he's talking about yet he acts as though he does. I refrained from making any personal attacks. The only reason you're sticking up for him is because both of you share the same perspective based on factually incorrect/highly questionable information.
I think I have a clue. I went to Charleston and didn't like it. What's wrong with that?

Last time I checked this forum is open to all types of opinions.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I think I have a clue. I went to Charleston and didn't like it. What's wrong with that?
Just because you visited a place briefly one time doesn't mean you have a clue. Judging from your comments, it's easy to see you didn't experience much of what Charleston has to offer nor do you know much about its history and culture. And that's fine; you're not expected to know every little detail about every city you visit but to act as if you're knowledgeable enough to make a concrete judgment on a place when you've not experienced much of it opens you up to criticism, and rightfully so.

Quote:
Last time I checked this forum is open to all types of opinions.
Of course it is. But if your opinion is uninformed, then be prepared to have it challenged.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:51 PM

132 posts, read 206,580 times
Overrated US Dixie Cities:

Austin (thanks to folks from SF, Seattle, & Portland OR to ruin it), Atlanta (wannabe LA), Biloxi (wannabe Atlantic City), Charlotte (mini-ATL), Little Rock (ask the Clintons), Richmond (it's no DC).

Underrated US Dixie Cities:

Charleston SC, Houston, Memphis, Nashville, NOLA, Savannah.

Neutral aka no comment US Dixie Cities:

Dallas (it maybe overrated, but it has a lot of job opportunities to be the economic capital of the US South) & San Antonio (it has the Alamo aka TX history).

Old 03-23-2014, 11:09 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,282,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCIFER#666 View Post
Overrated US Dixie Cities:

Austin (thanks to folks from SF, Seattle, & Portland OR to ruin it), Atlanta (wannabe LA), Biloxi (wannabe Atlantic City), Charlotte (mini-ATL), Little Rock (ask the Clintons), Richmond (it's no DC).

Underrated US Dixie Cities:

Charleston SC, Houston, Memphis, Nashville, NOLA, Savannah.

Neutral aka no comment US Dixie Cities:

Dallas (it maybe overrated, but it has a lot of job opportunities to be the economic capital of the US South) & San Antonio (it has the Alamo aka TX history).
First of all, Austin isn't a Dixie city, neither is San Antonio.

I'm not sure at all how you think Atlanta wants to be LA, or Biloxi wanting to be Atlantic City, or any other of your ridiculous claims. It's clear to see you will bring fire to this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City