Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 11:15 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,694,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymeatball View Post
This is exactly what I mean about Western snobbery. Oh how progressive and natural and young and beautiful we art!
Not snobby if it's true.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:20 AM

854 posts, read 1,481,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Not snobby if it's true.
I'm from the West Coast and honestly most of the West is arid and libertarian/conservative, not progressive or beautiful. The whole chill/tolerant/beautiful thing is totally overrated, more like stoners who have no ambition, smell bad and wear their jammies to work. And honestly I find hipsters and vegetarians annoying even though I'm pretty much a communist as far as my political beliefs. The bourgeois b*stards lol. Yes there are good cities like Eugene and Santa Cruz but you also have Fresno, Stockton, and Salem in the West.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:41 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,523,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orzo View Post
So - let me get this straight - you're saying that Seattle is the most overrated even though you've never been there? And you're basing this opinion on what you've heard others say? Hmmm....
To be honest, I don't have any intention of visting SEA. Seems lame.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:29 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,707,618 times
Overrated: LA and Phoenix
Underrated: Albuquerque and Boise

Old 04-02-2014, 05:33 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,515,379 times
Quote:
I'm from the West Coast and honestly most of the West is arid and libertarian/conservative, not progressive or beautiful. The whole chill/tolerant/beautiful thing is totally overrated, more like stoners who have no ambition, smell bad and wear their jammies to work. And honestly I find hipsters and vegetarians annoying even though I'm pretty much a communist as far as my political beliefs. The bourgeois b*stards lol. Yes there are good cities like Eugene and Santa Cruz but you also have Fresno, Stockton, and Salem in the West.
So you're tired of chill tolerant stoners who have no ambition and find hipsters and vegetarians annoying, yet you find Eugene and Santa Cruz to be the "good" cities on the West Coast?

Last edited by Deezus; 04-02-2014 at 05:51 PM..

Old 04-02-2014, 05:40 PM

854 posts, read 1,481,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
So you're tired of chill tolerant stoners who have no ambition and find hipsters and vegetarians annoying, yet you find Eugene and Santa Cruz to be the "good" cities on the West Coast?
Basically.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:19 PM

95 posts, read 117,719 times
overrated sf

underrated portland.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:50 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,133,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mill creek proud View Post
overrated sf

underrated portland.
You claim to live in both SF and Seattle. Which is it?

Old 04-05-2014, 09:17 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,140,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Pardon the title, meant to say Most Overrated and Underrated.

As a spin off thread of the Southern and Northern Cities, I'd consider the West any major city west of the Great Plains/Rockies (including Denver).
I guess it's kosher to include Denver ... they're your "rules" after all. However, Denver is neither west of the Great Plains or the Rockies. It's a part of the Great Plains (which is defined as the area between the Mississippi and the Rocky Mountains), and is east of the Rockies.

Quote:
So apparently the "stoners who have no ambition, smell bad" have jobs to wear their jammies to? That seems slightly ambitious.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:27 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
I guess it's kosher to include Denver ... they're your "rules" after all. However, Denver is neither west of the Great Plains or the Rockies. It's a part of the Great Plains (which is defined as the area between the Mississippi and the Rocky Mountains), and is east of the Rockies
Uh huh. I've landed at Denver airport, yes the Great Plains are very apparent in the topography. Though the city doesn't really have a whole lot in common with Omaha, Wichita, and OKC does it? It's also apparent the Rockies are at the edge of town as well but I'd rather not engage in splitting hairs over technicalities otherwise I would have said Golden or Boulder instead, but whatever Denver is quite close enough. Driving out of the airport and seeing the skyline back dropped by the Rockies is Western enough for me. Seeing the sunset over the Rockies from some of the city's parks is quite convincing as well.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 04-05-2014 at 09:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City