Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: State with the most friendly, nice people?
Texas 20 29.41%
New York 2 2.94%
Florida 0 0%
Illinois 4 5.88%
California 7 10.29%
New Jersey 2 2.94%
North Carolina 7 10.29%
Colorado 8 11.76%
Pennsylvania 3 4.41%
South Carolina 15 22.06%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 10:59 PM

1,574 posts, read 5,117,647 times

Advertisements

Of the poll choices- Texas and Colorado.

Florida?? that's the worst state in the union for kindness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 06:30 AM

152 posts, read 187,033 times
Wisconsin and Minnesota people are so nice I actually wondered, coming from reserved Cincinnati, if they are for real. I'm pretty sure they are.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:10 PM

437 posts, read 547,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB79 View Post
Wish that the great state of Georgia was an option! Friendliest people you'll ever meet! In fact, the south is probably the friendliest area
of the country. Southern hospitalty?! Helloooo?
Georgia really? I might be wrong but I always have a negative view of Georgia but that might be because I'm always seeing crazy people that were born in georgia in the nfl and i hear about some pretty crazy crimes but I DON't know if it's mostly limited to the atlanta area(see a lot of it in marietta too) or not. I hope I'm wrong though cus I wouldn't mind living in southern Georgia down the road.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:41 PM

32 posts, read 47,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
Georgia really? I might be wrong but I always have a negative view of Georgia but that might be because I'm always seeing crazy people that were born in georgia in the nfl and i hear about some pretty crazy crimes but I DON't know if it's mostly limited to the atlanta area(see a lot of it in marietta too) or not. I hope I'm wrong though cus I wouldn't mind living in southern Georgia down the road.
Atlanta and the rest of Georgia are 2 different worlds. If you ask me, it's because of all the transplants to Atlanta. I'm from a small town in south Georgia and there are SO many kind and caring people there! I love where I come from!

Old 04-19-2014, 09:38 AM

975 posts, read 1,404,968 times
I have no clue why California is on this list. People in California are absolutely not that friendly at all and it seems like many - most of them have the "entitlement" mentality. Californians hate to be "inconvenienced" by anything and will stop and nothing to claim that they have been "wronged" by anyone and everyone else. People in New York / New Jersey / Pennsylvania may be more abrasive than people in California but I still think that they are friendlier as a whole as the abrasiveness is more do the fact that they are so "direct". In fact, I'd go on a limb and say that California is the least friendly state. I'd have to vote for Texas as being the friendliest on this list.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:28 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,110,925 times
How do people not feel ridiculous when talking about 38 million people (or "most of them") like that?

I mean I somewhat understand saying something like 'When I go to California, everyone I come across is just a big meany head to me.' But being so sure of yourself when it comes to the behaviors of an entire state seems a little... crazy.

"Californians... will stop [at] nothing to claim that they have been "wronged" by anyone and everyone else." What an inflated view of self-worth a person must have to say such a thing and seemingly mean it..

Old 04-19-2014, 03:02 PM

975 posts, read 1,404,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
How do people not feel ridiculous when talking about 38 million people (or "most of them") like that?

I mean I somewhat understand saying something like 'When I go to California, everyone I come across is just a big meany head to me.' But being so sure of yourself when it comes to the behaviors of an entire state seems a little... crazy.

"Californians... will stop [at] nothing to claim that they have been "wronged" by anyone and everyone else." What an inflated view of self-worth a person must have to say such a thing and seemingly mean it..
I don't have an inflated view of self worth. I have lived in California and I deal with Californians on a daily basis. The OP asked which states had the friendliest people. I've noticed that within the state of California, I've met a greater percentage of people who overreact to being "wronged" or "offended" by something versus other places. It doesn't mean that most people are that way, but it's much more vocal there. On the opposite side of the equation, I've met several very friendly Californians including some of whom I consider my friends. But, again, in comparison to other states, I just don't feel California is on the top of the list of friendly states.

Last edited by Ztonyg; 04-19-2014 at 03:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City