U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best city by design?
Toronto 25 19.38%
Chicago 44 34.11%
San Francisco 24 18.60%
Washington DC 36 27.91%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 06:49 PM

12,581 posts, read 10,552,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post

But dont get on me, you started it homie! BTW, I just got back from Montreal, the food was absolutely fuc*ing incredible.
Hmmm I think you started it.. go back you got into specifics about restaurants when the topic was only casually brought up that the best Restaurants in Toronto and Chicago were outside the DT core or each.. I wasn't even getting into rankings - just a matter of fact and truthful statement that wasn't at all controversial and in no way comparitive.. Eating in average restaurant in Little Italy or the Danforth is probably better than most dining Downtown i'd say. Anyway, It was a back and forth between Morathisu and I and like a bat out of the caves you come in with your North American rankings of culinary favs needing to underscore that Toronto was not in the top tier... Take a look I think you will startle yourself lol....

Anyway I'm glad you enjoyed your food in Montreal. Really I am.. just eat in moderation, the metabolism starts slowing down at our age.....

Now I do have hope for you that if in your own estimation Toronto's culinary scene matches or exceeds Montreal's, that you will be objective enough to admit such.. I have hope though i'm not 100 percent sure to be honest with you with all your YUL HEAT

Last edited by fusion2; 04-24-2014 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 06:59 PM

3,393 posts, read 3,809,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Hmmm I think you started it.. go back you got into specifics about restaurants when the topic was only casually brought up that the best Restaurants in Toronto and Chicago were outside the DT core or each.. I wasn't even getting into rankings - just a matter of fact and truthful statement that wasn't at all controversial and in no way comparitive.. Eating in average restaurant in Little Italy or the Danforth is probably better than most dining Downtown i'd say. Anyway, It was a back and forth between Morathisu and I and like a bat out of the caves you come in with your North American rankings of culinary favs needing to underscore that Toronto was not in the top tier... Take a look I think you will startle yourself lol....

Anyway I'm glad you enjoyed your food in Montreal. Really I am.. just eat in moderation, the metabolism starts slowing down at our age.....

Now I do have hope for you that if in your own estimation Toronto's culinary scene matches or exceeds Montreal's, that you will be objective enough to admit such.. I have hope though i'm not 100 percent sure to be honest with you
This is the post you are referring to:

Thanks for the link, Chicago has always been interesting to me, just a very polarizing but interesting place. I dig it.

From the map it seems like they are adding about 600 units within that immediate area of housing. That coupled with the hotel traffic should do wonders. Usually the people come first and then are followed by the restaurants and bars, it is interesting it developed the other way around.

I would also rank DC last and behind TO when it comes to restaurants. I just think that SF and CHI along with NYC, NOLA, LA, Montreal and D.F. are the premier culinary cities in N. America and deserve to be looked up to in that regard.

So that last paragraph is what got you all riled up? Okay good to know. The first two were about development, but I guess you missed that part.

Thanks for the concern about metabolism, trust me I am starting to feel it, lol. Good thing I run more miles in a month than most people run in an entire year.

Anyways, this is stupid. Really stupid.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
This is the post you are referring to:

Thanks for the link, Chicago has always been interesting to me, just a very polarizing but interesting place. I dig it.

From the map it seems like they are adding about 600 units within that immediate area of housing. That coupled with the hotel traffic should do wonders. Usually the people come first and then are followed by the restaurants and bars, it is interesting it developed the other way around.

I would also rank DC last and behind TO when it comes to restaurants. I just think that SF and CHI along with NYC, NOLA, LA, Montreal and D.F. are the premier culinary cities in N. America and deserve to be looked up to in that regard.

So that last paragraph is what got you all riled up? Okay good to know. The first two were about development, but I guess you missed that part.

Thanks for the concern about metabolism, trust me I am starting to feel it, lol. Good thing I run more miles in a month than most people run in an entire year.

Anyways, this is stupid. Really stupid.
I know it'll be hard but I have faith that one day you will be able to make a post in here where food or restaurants aren't mentioned... Maybe when you get sick of eating

Old 04-24-2014, 07:23 PM

3,393 posts, read 3,809,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I know it'll be hard but I have faith that one day you will be able to make a post in here where food or restaurants aren't mentioned... Maybe when you get sick of eating
Touché lol

Maybe we should have another conversation about race relations, police brutality and healthcare economics. Those always seem to turn out well for you.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Touché lol

Maybe we should have another conversation about race relations, police brutality and healthcare economics. Those always seem to turn out well for you.
Really ... race relations yes because I do have a passion about unity.. Healthcare and economics sure why not.. but Police brutality... really me?

Old 12-09-2014, 09:04 PM

39 posts, read 45,694 times
Easily Chicago the polls dont lie.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:30 PM

5,303 posts, read 7,702,107 times
Toronto

Old 12-10-2014, 01:39 PM

306 posts, read 574,874 times
SF has a giant park that's far bigger than NYC's Central Park and has nice public spaces.

But overall, I'd say Chicago. Wonderful architecture and the city has a feeling of having been planned and thought out beforehand. Cities like NYC and SF feel too small for the amount of people quite frankly. Chicago has designated cab queue lanes, which are super convenient. They've added plastic flexible "bollards" to create "protected bike lanes" in the city recently too. The fact that their train is above ground, rather than below ground, gives the city a cool unique look as tracks cross overhead while you're on the street below. Combine that with the fact that Chicago has the best cost of living (a fact many people ignore) and you have yourself a winner.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:52 PM

6,797 posts, read 6,645,113 times
I find chaotic, unplanned cities like London, France,Rome, NYC, and SF to be more exciting than planned cities.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:09 PM

6,212 posts, read 7,088,508 times
I'd say DC. Chicago is definitely up there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or