U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best summer city?
NYC 23 60.53%
Miami 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:16 AM

33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times

Advertisements

You can do the party scene in NYC or the beaches in the Miami area, i'd imagine you could find cheaper lodgings in the Miami area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 12:06 PM

3,580 posts, read 3,664,930 times
NYC by a good margin. You could spend a week in NYC and still not be able to see all that there is. The same cannot be said for Miami imo.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:18 PM

27,611 posts, read 24,787,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonHardy View Post
Hey guys, I'm torn between plans. I'm 19 and graduating high school in May and I wanna celebrate by spending my summer in an awesome city. I'm a web dev/design so I can pretty much from work anywhere. I plan on leaving at the end of June / early July.

In these categories which do you think would be most worth it:

1) Most fun
2) Hottest girls
3) Dating (Especially interracial, because I'm black)
4) Best entertainment

Also, how hard would it be to date girls in either city being black. I mean I don't "act black" and I've been called an oreo (not sure if it matters). Any tips on that would be awesome!

Thanks for any answers guys!
How much money do you have?

Old 04-21-2014, 12:50 PM

5,187 posts, read 5,414,787 times

Miami Beach from the air - first test flight with the DJI Phantom - YouTube

Beautiful Miami Beach

Old 04-21-2014, 12:54 PM

14,304 posts, read 17,919,697 times
Out of those two I would pick NYC. Miami is warm year round, so go in the winter. While NYC isn't frigid in the winter, it's cold enough to keep people from massively hanging outside in the winter. When it warms up for summer, then people make up for the colder months.

NYC has more to do in it, regardless. If you're looking for beaches only, then sure Miami though I wouldn't go in the summer unless you're from an already warm climate.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:30 PM

171 posts, read 307,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
How much money do you have?
Since I'm be working at the same time, around $3-4k.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:41 PM

1,039 posts, read 820,697 times
I think you should go to NYC because Miami's great year-round. I think New York is good during the summer, but in winter it will be more unpleasant to move around. Miami is a great winter destination. Also, Miami is a lot cheaper than NYC, so if your money to last longer and/or beaches, partying, and hot girls, then I would pick Miami. Overall, NYC.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:24 AM

5,785 posts, read 6,335,815 times
Quote:
I've had Chicago in the back of my mind, I think I might have to look into it. But, I hear Chicago's kinda dangerous.
Nah, it's not. Do take a look. It's fine if you're not living in a dangerous hood and if you're mildly cautious about your activities. Pretty much like Miami and NYC.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:01 AM

27,611 posts, read 24,787,463 times
Quote:
Since I'm be working at the same time, around $3-4k.
Eh. That's not a lot of savings. I guess if you're willing to live in a hovel in Bushwick with several other people, then you can make it happen, but I wouldn't waste my time or money doing that. I personally would not want to be in New York under the age of 21.

I would take a fraction of the change and go to Caribbean Carnival. Many islands don't have a legal drinking age (or at least they don't enforce it). Parties are cheaper and better than anything you'll find in New York or Miami too.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:27 PM

171 posts, read 307,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Eh. That's not a lot of savings. I guess if you're willing to live in a hovel in Bushwick with several other people, then you can make it happen, but I wouldn't waste my time or money doing that. I personally would not want to be in New York under the age of 21.

I would take a fraction of the change and go to Caribbean Carnival. Many islands don't have a legal drinking age (or at least they don't enforce it). Parties are cheaper and better than anything you'll find in New York or Miami too.
I don't think it's a good idea for me to go outside the US right now. I'd love to, but my family would freak. I don't drink or plan starting so that doesn't really appeal to me. Thanks for the recommendation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Nah, it's not. Do take a look. It's fine if you're not living in a dangerous hood and if you're mildly cautious about your activities. Pretty much like Miami and NYC.
Appreciate it, but I feel if I were to go to Chicago I'd be missing something in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City