U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 11:16 PM

1 posts, read 618 times

Advertisements

I have been lurking on the forums for quite some time now and I feel that I have enough insight to start up a thread to see what the people of City Data have to say.

I am a Mechanical Engineer and my wife is a Personal Trainer with a Marketing/Communications degree. We are interested in cities that would be beneficial to our degrees in the long run. We are the type that once we move we want to commit to the city that we are staying in. We would prefer cities that have a higher salary incentive over those that pay you less due to the COL.

I am aware that no place is perfect as I see that all the time being discussed here on the forums, however I want to consider everyone's inputs on a city that could suit most of our needs.

I was raised in St. Louis, MO and my wife in southern Georgia. I am an avid outdoors person. I need the mountains and the great sunny weather. I need the summer and the winter seasons as that I do activities in both, mainly skiing and hiking. My wife on the other hand loves the beach and she will need to get a dose of that just like I do. Simply put we love the sun and do not like frequent rain (only once in a while).

We both do not care about politics and we only are concerned with the overall outcome of the states we could be relocating to, in terms of affecting us financially and in the long run.

We are both Christians and God is a central part of our lives and we strongly believe in belonging to a Christian community with young couples like us. We want a place to have Christian communities that are plentiful and not sparse. That is the most important deciding factor for the both of us on where to move. We would like easy going not uptight people to be with.

We have gone back and fourth on several cities such as Denver, CO and Asheville, NC. I know a fair amount about these two places and after sharing our backgrounds to you all, I am intrigued to see what you guys have to suggest for us. Even if one place has the mountains or the beach not both, we would like ease of airport access ( and cheaper) to another place providing the other for us. I do want to make note that my wife and I agreed that we do not want to live in the North East or California.

Like I previously stated, I am open to any suggestions that you guys could make that would give us any insight. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 12:08 AM

12,994 posts, read 17,117,737 times
Give Knoxville, TN a look. It's like a more conservative Asheville, NC.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:22 PM

52,625 posts, read 75,451,274 times
Maybe the Columbia SC area is worth a look. Augusta GA may be another area to look into.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:07 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,504,666 times
Waiting to see if this is another North East / California troll job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or