U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 08:45 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,147,954 times

Advertisements

Maryland being on the list isn't too surprising. A lot of people in the DC area complain about being stuck in the "rat race" and how they plan on making their money and leaving as soon as they can retire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 04:29 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,144,330 times
The chicago area does not have a high cost of living, it is pretty moderate when all is said and done. Far lower than much of the northeast or west coast. The winters are terrible, as are the summers.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:51 PM

14,304 posts, read 17,974,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post
The chicago area does not have a high cost of living, it is pretty moderate when all is said and done. Far lower than much of the northeast or west coast. The winters are terrible, as are the summers.
Eh - depends on where you're coming from. If you're coming from the south, it's no big deal. If you are coming from the PNW/San Francisco or most of Canada, or you just don't like 85 degree and moderately humid weather, then sure. At least the summers have tons of fun stuff to do if you can't stand 85 and semi humid.

But yeah cost of living for a city of its size and what it offers is very good.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:52 AM

600 posts, read 531,562 times
Tbf, this doesn't mean people are unhappy with where they are, for example if I was polled, I'd vote yes to leave. Honestly I love this city, but if I was given a chance to leave I'd move in a heartbeat. This is mainly for something new; a change in scenery.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:39 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,908,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post
Actually, other than about 3 months a year, you get nice, seasonal weather. I would never go so far as to say winter and summer are terrible. Winter, this year, was an exception to the norm. Summers do get hot, but not every day, and spring and fall are beautiful seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or