U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 11:42 PM

18,207 posts, read 25,896,902 times

Advertisements

Is the humidity high in Dubai? I thought it would be dry like Pheonix since it's the desert. As for Houston, as much as people like to talk about the heat and humidity. They have nothing on Calcutta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 01:01 AM

370 posts, read 465,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Is the humidity high in Dubai? I thought it would be dry like Pheonix since it's the desert. As for Houston, as much as people like to talk about the heat and humidity. They have nothing on Calcutta.
because dubai is surrounded by water, it creates alot of humidity. let's say you go inland into saudi arabia, then you have that dry desert heat or even phoenix as you mentioned

Old 05-02-2014, 03:43 PM

158 posts, read 152,210 times
yes keyan is right . it is desert in nature ..but surrounded with water , summer humidity average 70-90 %

Old 05-02-2014, 03:59 PM

18,207 posts, read 25,896,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyan View Post
because dubai is surrounded by water, it creates alot of humidity. let's say you go inland into saudi arabia, then you have that dry desert heat or even phoenix as you mentioned
I plain didn't think about Dubai on water. That's my mistake. So it's like Phoenix temperatures with Houston humidity?

Old 05-03-2014, 12:27 AM

433 posts, read 527,846 times
I see old ladies walking outside during summer in Houston so anyone complaining.....yeah. As far as Dubai, it sounds like people are exaggerating. I asked someone who used to work there snd was told its not much worse than Houston

Old 05-03-2014, 01:28 AM

143 posts, read 145,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo45 View Post
I see old ladies walking outside during summer in Houston so anyone complaining.....yeah. As far as Dubai, it sounds like people are exaggerating. I asked someone who used to work there snd was told its not much worse than Houston

Come experience for yourself then render a judgement.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:32 AM

433 posts, read 527,846 times
^^Haha !! I love to travel but have no interest in that place. How is it?

Old 05-03-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Buddy, If you've never visited don't make a comment like that. The UAE is so hot, the locals barely go outside and get enough exercise.. they have one of the highest rates of diabetes in the world(of course this is also due to poor eating obviously, but the heat is what keeps many of them from going out and playing sports like soccer or riding bicycles). Of course if you've lived in Houston your whole life.. It's not going to be night and day, but it is noticeably more hot close to the point where it's almost unbearable

Quote:
^^Haha !! I love to travel but have no interest in that place. How is it?
Let's just say overall it's better than living in Luanda, Angola or Cairo, Egypt.

I don't want to generalize because the entire country is not like this. It's an extremely superficial nation, to many locals only money, cars and status matters (no offense, even some of the Brit expats were this way too). Many love bling.. whether it's a rolex, or a chain.. they love diamonds on things. They have more Gucci, Hermes, Chanel stores within a 30 mile radius than anywhere in the world. 80% of the population isn't even from the country. It has an interesting international night life, really fun actually. I've never had a bad time going out except for when I figured out after 20 minutes the girl I was having a good time with at the club was actually a prostitute/call girl. Great selection of food from everywhere in the world, I mean I miss that part of Dubai. Great Indian food, Lebanese, South African, Malaysian, Thai.. very authentic cuisines. (They don't Americanize things as much unless you hit up the chains) After my 2nd summer there the heat really got to me. I could never wear a suit for a meeting during the day without adding a liter of sweat to it. December and January has some of the best weather there, so if you plan to visit go then.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:38 PM

158 posts, read 152,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyan View Post
Buddy, If you've never visited don't make a comment like that. The UAE is so hot, the locals barely go outside and get enough exercise.. they have one of the highest rates of diabetes in the world(of course this is also due to poor eating obviously, but the heat is what keeps many of them from going out and playing sports like soccer or riding bicycles). Of course if you've lived in Houston your whole life.. It's not going to be night and day, but it is noticeably more hot close to the point where it's almost unbearable

Let's just say overall it's better than living in Luanda, Angola or Cairo, Egypt.

I don't want to generalize because the entire country is not like this. It's an extremely superficial nation, to many locals only money, cars and status matters (no offense, even some of the Brit expats were this way too). Many love bling.. whether it's a rolex, or a chain.. they love diamonds on things. They have more Gucci, Hermes, Chanel stores within a 30 mile radius than anywhere in the world. 80% of the population isn't even from the country. It has an interesting international night life, really fun actually. I've never had a bad time going out except for when I figured out after 20 minutes the girl I was having a good time with at the club was actually a prostitute/call girl. Great selection of food from everywhere in the world, I mean I miss that part of Dubai. Great Indian food, Lebanese, South African, Malaysian, Thai.. very authentic cuisines. (They don't Americanize things as much unless you hit up the chains) After my 2nd summer there the heat really got to me. I could never wear a suit for a meeting during the day without adding a liter of sweat to it. December and January has some of the best weather there, so if you plan to visit go then.
Wow , have you lived also in Cairo ? tell me if you know how is summer weather in Cairo would be compared to Houston ?

Old 05-03-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domabozo View Post
Wow , have you lived also in Cairo ? tell me if you know how is summer weather in Cairo would be compared to Houston ?
It's dry. desert heat. Cairo is alot like Phoenix, but it can have a little humidity in the summer too. year round it's dry

Alex is like Houston. Alex is Alexandria - it's more humid because it's right next to the mediterranean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or