Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 12:24 PM

6,272 posts, read 7,459,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I'm sorry, but I SO don't get why there are repeated threads that are about things that are exclusively Texas on the General US and City v City forums. Nothing against the state, but understand that you are not the center of the Universe. No other state does this. It's annoying.
Funny thing is the OP originally posted this thread on the Houston forum and a moderator of unknown identity moved it here to city vs city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 12:36 PM

23,390 posts, read 43,938,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Funny thing is the OP originally posted this thread on the Houston forum and a moderator of unknown identity moved it here to city vs city
Hmm. Well, still annoying.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:46 PM

15,331 posts, read 23,844,322 times
Besides sporting events, I can't think of many reasons to visit Houston for non-business reasons. The only other one would be food but I don't know many food places there to begin with like other US cities.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Besides sporting events, I can't think of many reasons to visit Houston for non-business reasons. The only other one would be food but I don't know many food places there to begin with like other US cities.
The water temperature in Lake Michigan is about 36 degrees F today , The beach water temp at Galveston Island is 72 F

Old 05-06-2014, 03:09 PM

92 posts, read 112,970 times
Quote:
The water temperature in Lake Michigan is about 36 degrees F today , The beach water temp at Galveston Island is 72 F
Yeah but you're in Galveston. Not only is the water there DISGUSTING but so is the entire city. I'll take our -40° winters with 4 actual seasons any day

Old 05-06-2014, 03:26 PM

20,510 posts, read 33,432,869 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I SO don't get why there are repeated threads that are about things that are exclusively Texas on the General US and City v City forums. Nothing against the state, but understand that you are not the center of the Universe. No other state does this. It's annoying.
I don't think Texans are starting these these threads.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:54 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,825,056 times
Quote:
I'm getting annoyed by them too. They just seem like a place to dump on Houston. Really Houston is not a very exciting city so I'm not sure why people want to discuss it so much. It's simply a place for business and for people to have an affordable place to live. Nothing special. Yet we keep getting so many threads about it over the past few weeks.

Can we please go a few weeks without another Houston thread.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentMimes View Post
Yeah but you're in Galveston. Not only is the water there DISGUSTING but so is the entire city. I'll take our -40° winters with 4 actual seasons any day
That is just a knee jerk reaction out of spite ? You can claim to prefer -40 all you want, most "normal, rational" people will not, if actually given the choice. If you have ever actually been to Galveston your judgement obviously has been clouded by your envy...

Old 05-06-2014, 04:02 PM

15,331 posts, read 23,844,322 times
Quote:
If I'm going to go somewhere for a beach, it's not going to be the Houston area. I'm going to go to Florida, South Carolina, California,Puerto Rico or Hawaii, or out of the US entirely. Most people in the country are like this and most people who visit Texas for beaches go to South Padre Island (which is not near Houston) or Corpus Christi (still 250 miles away). Nobody goes to Houston nor Chicago for the beaches alone so what's your point?

Old 05-06-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I'm getting annoyed by them too. They just seem like a place to dump on Houston. Really Houston is not a very exciting city so I'm not sure why people want to discuss it so much. It's simply a place for business and for people to have an affordable place to live. Nothing special. Yet we keep getting so many threads about it over the past few weeks.

Can we please go a few weeks without another Houston thread.
These visceral, vitriolic attitudes toward Houston, are a sign these people fear Houston is displacing whatever their preferred place is, in the hierarchy of American cities. Factual or not that perception, and fear is there, and it is palpable.

On another note, We know what you think about Houston westhou don't even pretend that you have any respect for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City