U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 12:20 PM

6,628 posts, read 12,118,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
You've either never been to Boston or are the unluckiest person on earth. I've lived here and never had anyone come up to me out of the blue and be rude. If people in Boston don't like you, they're going to avoid you too. The "rude" aspect of living in Boston is derived from the fact that people in Boston often don't just strike up conversations with strangers in grocery stores or on the streets. Another big "rude" thing that Bostonians are reputed to do is not smile or wave or say hi to people passing on the street or in the hall. Combined with the fast pace and aggressive driving, those are the things that people often consider "rude" about Boston. I have never in my life heard of Bostonians just going up to people and "being rude." We don't just walk up to people and say, "hey man, your hair is bad, and your hips look feminine." We may not wave to you on the street, or show up at your apartment door with apple pie when you move in, but we certainly won't just be rude to you for no reason.
C'mon man, you've never had groups of people come up to you, spit in your face, call you the n-word (because Bostonians are so damn racist), and then shove you into a puddle? That was a bi-weekly occurrence for me.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 01:32 PM

3,384 posts, read 3,776,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
C'mon man, you've never had groups of people come up to you, spit in your face, call you the n-word (because Bostonians are so damn racist), and then shove you into a puddle? That was a bi-weekly occurrence for me.
Every single f*cking day man. Its so bizarre, but I figured that's just the way its supposed to be!

Old 05-16-2014, 01:45 PM

6,628 posts, read 12,118,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Every single f*cking day man. Its so bizarre, but I figured that's just the way its supposed to be!
Moving abroad has really opened my eyes to the world as it should be.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:47 PM

1,675 posts, read 1,740,504 times
One time, in Boston, I walked up to the cash register at Burger King and asked for a hamburger.

Then the cashier made a face and called me fat.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:17 PM

3,384 posts, read 3,776,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
One time, in Boston, I walked up to the cash register at Burger King and asked for a hamburger.

You probably deserved it A*shole.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:15 PM

9,046 posts, read 17,317,574 times
One of the things I miss from back home more than anything is New England sarcasm. If they don't get it that's their problem. I love the subtle ice breaker discussions and wicked sense of humor in New England. It's a hoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
You probably deserved it A*shole.
Oh clevah! Do you think you're Dennis Leary? LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
I'm sorry, did you need a violin? There, go sit in the dark corner and I'll go get you one. I'll put some Celine Dion for you to lift your spirits.

Last edited by Desert_SW_77; 05-16-2014 at 08:23 PM..

Old 05-16-2014, 08:29 PM

1,580 posts, read 4,128,860 times
Boston
- more central location (nearer to more big cities) with greater history
- dense and walkable with decent public transit
- relatively prosperous with low crime rate

cons would be harsh weather, costly, not the nicest people- extremes of snobbery and rough working-class.

Seattle
- prosperous, clean and low crime rate
- great setting/ nature and the options related to that
- open-minded, well-educated populace

cons would be dreary weather, costly, less urbane

Old 05-17-2014, 03:33 PM

7,338 posts, read 15,309,608 times
Quote:
Well, I consider that to be different. That's because of my race, so it's not COMPLETELY random, right?

Quote:
Moving abroad has really opened my eyes to the world as it should be.
oh, you're one of those, "my semester in Spain changed my whole perspective on life" types?!

Old 05-17-2014, 05:09 PM

1,675 posts, read 1,740,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
I'm sorry, did you need a violin? There, go sit in the dark corner and I'll go get you one. I'll put some Celine Dion for you to lift your spirits.
....yes

[I'd say please, but I am a rude Bostonian]

Last edited by iAMtheVVALRUS; 05-17-2014 at 05:17 PM..

Old 05-17-2014, 05:19 PM

1,422 posts, read 1,723,647 times
Quote:
Everyone in Boston is like a young Mark Wahlberg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or