Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the best city for partying in North America?
NYC 9 13.43%
Toronto 4 5.97%
Miami 12 17.91%
New Orleans 8 11.94%
Las Vegas 31 46.27%
Other 3 4.48%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 03:45 PM

27,559 posts, read 28,652,113 times

Advertisements

I prefer New Orleans.

Musicians on every street block is my style of partying and enjoyment. Great local food helps too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 04:33 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,372,464 times
Atlanta has a massive party scene......No ifs ands or buts.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:03 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,643,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle242 View Post
Right.... Like WeHo did not exist. Consider it as metro area with multiple cities and you have many opportunities. Downtown LA is small and its only small part of LA. It won't beat NYC and may or may not beat Chicago, it depends on what you look for nightlife, but is well above average of most American cities, surely does offer more than say Houston or Minneapolis.
I would put LA far above NYC in terms of parties. Could 2014 LA beat late 80's/early 90's NYC's scene? eff no. But does 2014 LA absolutely crush 2014 NYC? God yes. NYC fell off during Guliani's tenure. Part of it was the amped up security post-9/11, but a lot of it was Guliani throwing the baby out with the bathwater in his effort to cleanup the city. I would 1998 was the year that I noticed clubs and raves turning to crap in New York.

Meanwhile LA is on fire right now. Underground parties every night of the week in warehouses in the Fashion District and Arts District in DTLA, and even on the other side of the river in Boyle Heights. I'm getting older and don't take advantage of the scene here as much as I would have 10 years ago, but I appreciate that its here. No attitudes, good vibes, and clubgoers trying to top each other with the craziest, most creative outfits every night. Its the NYC club kid days all over again.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:07 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,643,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
LA actually has several amazing party clubs - I would say it has a good case for being on the list.

What hurts LA (and everything in California) in general is how early everything shuts down comparatively (2AM) and it's lack of 24 hour vibe compared to Vegas, Miami, New York.
If you're going to the clubs that shut down at 2am, you're doing it wrong

Actually, I take that back...the daytime pool party scene is pretty dope. Nothing like hearing some funky or deep house at the pool at the Roosevelt in Hollywood or the Standard rooftop downtown. But yeah besides that- warehouse parties all the way. They go until 6 or 7am and never seem to get shut down.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:42 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,797,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictDirt View Post
If you're going to the clubs that shut down at 2am, you're doing it wrong

Actually, I take that back...the daytime pool party scene is pretty dope. Nothing like hearing some funky or deep house at the pool at the Roosevelt in Hollywood or the Standard rooftop downtown. But yeah besides that- warehouse parties all the way. They go until 6 or 7am and never seem to get shut down.
Warehouse parties????! Not what I was talking about, lol.

You are OBSESSED with DTLA!

Old 05-20-2014, 09:43 AM

43 posts, read 62,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
LA actually has several amazing party clubs - I would say it has a good case for being on the list.

What hurts LA (and everything in California) in general is how early everything shuts down comparatively (2AM) and it's lack of 24 hour vibe compared to Vegas, Miami, New York.

But LA is KING of mansion and house parties - which have NO last call time (except when neighbors call the cops).
In which city exactly does mansion and house parties have a last call time again? Remind me again because I forgot.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:15 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,712,349 times
besides new orleans, i've been to every city in the poll and in my experience the answer is probably vegas.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:59 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
What happens in Toronto stays in Toronto...unless you're Drake or Rob Ford.

Old 05-20-2014, 02:04 PM

96 posts, read 252,426 times
I would put philly there for the black and puerto rican people and they're house parties -Shrug- Maybe they're not "people" to some people.

College students party with EDM parties in philly and I dont know bout the boring people that dont dance or dont party, u know.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:04 PM

317 posts, read 378,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictDirt View Post
Pray tell, cityguy...what is the "real" stuff? Mainstream clubs playing top 40 hip-hop and RnB? $1,000 bottle service tables? Its not that LA doesn't have that stuff, its just that its not worth mentioning because its cheesy, lame, and every big city has it.

But since you've judged me as having "horrible taste", lets hear your criteria for good nightlife/party scenes. Please be specific. After all, someone so judgmental must have impeccable taste. Unless said person just likes putting down others without having any reasoning and knowledge to back it up.
Yes because LA is the only city with warehouses and pools with frat boys going woo-hoo yeah!!!

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-20-2014 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: name calling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City