Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the best city for partying in North America?
NYC 9 13.43%
Toronto 4 5.97%
Miami 12 17.91%
New Orleans 8 11.94%
Las Vegas 31 46.27%
Other 3 4.48%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 04:51 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,643,603 times

Advertisements

That's the second time you've stooped to personal insults in as many posts. Forumers may disagree on different aspects of cities, and honestly I expect a certain amount of LA hater-ade on the part of New York forumers (its a reflex, I get it), but at least most people try to keep it on topic and not personal. Wish I could say the same for you.

You never did answer my question about your criteria about what makes a good party city. You just keep bashing any city that isn't New York rather than having a productive discussion on the actual pros and cons of each city. And "frat boys"? How is the college scene even remotely connected to the house music scene? I can't think of 2 more incompatible things.

For the record- clubs don't "empty out" at 2am. They stop serving at 2am. The bigger clubs like Avalon keep going until 5 or 6, at which point people head to an afterhours or daytime pool party if they want to keep going. I spent my college years in London which has some of the best nightlife on Earth, and honestly people go just as hard here. The venues are just different.

Lastly, what's up with the pool party hate? They're not the be all end all, but they're a pretty fantastic time. Good music, sun, boobs everywhere. Do you hate puppies and kittens too?

Last edited by DistrictDirt; 05-20-2014 at 05:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 05:15 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,277 times
If you are just looking for a city to party in and do nothing else than Las Vegas is your choice. You can spend a weekend partying there and feel like you have been there for a month.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:39 PM

317 posts, read 378,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictDirt View Post
That's the second time you've stooped to personal insults in as many posts. Forumers may disagree on different aspects of cities, and honestly I expect a certain amount of LA hater-ade on the part of New York forumers (its a reflex, I get it), but at least most people try to keep it on topic and not personal. Wish I could say the same for you.

You never did answer my question about your criteria about what makes a good party city. You just keep bashing any city that isn't New York rather than having a productive discussion on the actual pros and cons of each city. And "frat boys"? How is the college scene even remotely connected to the house music scene? I can't think of 2 more incompatible things.

For the record- clubs don't "empty out" at 2am. They stop serving at 2am. The bigger clubs like Avalon keep going until 5 or 6, at which point people head to an afterhours or daytime pool party if they want to keep going. I spent my college years in London which has some of the best nightlife on Earth, and honestly people go just as hard here. The venues are just different.

Lastly, what's up with the pool party hate? They're not the be all end all, but they're a pretty fantastic time. Good music, sun, boobs everywhere. Do you hate puppies and kittens too?

Well the post obviously hurt your feelings enough for you to report it so it must had to have enough truth to bother you.

I am not hating on pools, more like laughing at the tone that they somehow only exist in LA and not just every town hmmm.. I don't, everywhere maybe? lol. Boobs, sun, and music too in case you didn't know. I don't know about you but I'm not perverted enough to call just about any party in anytown America a great party as soon as I see boobs. You see boobs on quiet beaches with nothing going on too. I guess that a "party" to you too.

And lastly, I'm not bashing any city that's not New York (nor am I from New York which is pretty obvious from your tone that you think I am), I think I pretty clearly said on the other post it doesn't matter to me if all the cities here except Toronto were considered better nightlife/party cities than NYC (the only one I can personally see is Miami). But to seriously to mention LA even in the same breath and in a Homer level and grumpy "back in my days" way too, I found it silly to say the least (and meeting the forum's apparent PG language criteria apparently).

If you don't remember what I said I'll repeat it again, I can't see how anybody would consider LA's nightlife "great" unless they were some socially locked in loser or from anytown America with very low standards who is impressed by very little. Or a biased fanboy. Hopefully that refreshes your memory.

And good job on naming 1 club in a metro with tens of millions lol.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityguy7 View Post
Well the post obviously hurt your feelings enough for you to report it so it must had to have enough truth to bother you.
Report? What are you talking about?

Quote:
I am not hating on pools, more like laughing at the tone that they somehow only exist in LA and not just every town hmmm.. I don't, everywhere maybe? lol. Boobs, sun, and music too in case you didn't know. I don't know about you but I'm not perverted enough to call just about any party in anytown America a great party as soon as I see boobs. You see boobs on quiet beaches with nothing going on too. I guess that a "party" to you too.

If you don't remember what I said I'll repeat it again, I can't see how anybody would consider LA's nightlife "great" unless they were some socially locked in loser or from anytown America with very low standards who is impressed by very little. Or a biased fanboy. Hopefully that refreshes your memory.
Who shouts "pervert" when someone makes a boob joke? You're right- there is a "socially locked-in" person here but its not me.

Last edited by DistrictDirt; 05-20-2014 at 07:31 PM..

Old 05-20-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Report? What on earth are you talking about?
Maybe you didn't, but it certainly does look fishy when it's the only post you don't quote if you know what I mean.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Maybe you didn't, but it certainly does look fishy when it's the only post you don't quote if you know what I mean.
Ok, paranoid. There are admins you know. You could always ask them who reported your post.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Who shouts "pervert" when someone makes a boob joke? You're right- there is a "socially locked-in" person here but its not me.
Oh so apparently now it was a "joke" huh? Hmm.. let's see, you tell people to give so called criteria for parties when all you do is shout out "LA RULZ!!! We have warehouse (lol) and pool parties with boobs!" like some horny 16 year old living in his mom's basement and you don't sound socially locked-in? Lol ok. It's a joke excuse is always so nice. My perverted comment was a "joke" then.

Quote:
Ok, paranoid. There are admins you know. You could always ask them who reported your post.
Why would I do that? That really would make me paranoid. Either you did it or didn't, who cares as long as you know you didn't? Why so paranoid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City