U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-20-2014, 12:03 AM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,251 posts, read 5,558,332 times
Reputation: 3256

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
A lot of us have family and even friends in DC and we go there to chill with them. You'll see Marylanders hanging out in Gallery Place and Georgetown a lot and of course, most of us Marylanders go into the City to hit the nightlife scene up and many concerts and events. When there's nothing to do in the 'burbs, we drive or hop on Metro to have some fun in DC.
That's understandable if you're in the DC area. If you can "hop on Metro," then you're basically in what is considered DC; every city has suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-20-2014, 08:19 AM
 
Location: USA
8,016 posts, read 9,086,170 times
Reputation: 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
A lot of us have family and even friends in DC and we go there to chill with them. You'll see Marylanders hanging out in Gallery Place and Georgetown a lot and of course, most of us Marylanders go into the City to hit the nightlife scene up and many concerts and events. When there's nothing to do in the 'burbs, we drive or hop on Metro to have some fun in DC.

I'm not disputing you, just saying there is a lot more Maryland
out there besides PG and MOCO, which border DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2014, 09:40 AM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
15,689 posts, read 18,259,536 times
Reputation: 11222
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
Ok. I still feel that there are equal if not more Marylanders that don't even go to DC or even mess with Washington like that.
You don't think that Marylanders take visiting friends or relatives into D.C.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2014, 10:20 AM
 
Location: the future
1,751 posts, read 3,280,265 times
Reputation: 759
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
I'm not disputing you, just saying there is a lot more Maryland
out there besides PG and MOCO, which border DC.
Right and those areas still lean toward DC and not Baltimore and the other way around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2014, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Prince George's County, Maryland
6,212 posts, read 7,050,681 times
Reputation: 2581
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
That's understandable if you're in the DC area. If you can "hop on Metro," then you're basically in what is considered DC; every city has suburbs.
That's actually what I had in mind. Lol sorry, the rest of Maryland outside of PG and MoCo were a bit of an afterthought on that discussion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2014, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Prince George's County, Maryland
6,212 posts, read 7,050,681 times
Reputation: 2581
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Right and those areas still lean toward DC and not Baltimore and the other way around
I'd say the MD counties that lean decisively towards DC are PGC, MoCo, Charles County, Frederick County, Calvert County, and St. Mary's County.

Anne Arundel County and Howard County are more of a mixed bag. Both counties are situated on the Baltimore side of Maryland but the both of them, most especially HoCo got a pretty visible DC influence going on.

The Eastern Shore is a little more standalone but I would say that it gravitates towards Baltimore more than DC. Western Maryland is the exact opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2014, 05:11 PM
 
Location: the future
1,751 posts, read 3,280,265 times
Reputation: 759
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
I'd say the MD counties that lean decisively towards DC are PGC, MoCo, Charles County, Frederick County, Calvert County, and St. Mary's County.

Anne Arundel County and Howard County are more of a mixed bag. Both counties are situated on the Baltimore side of Maryland but the both of them, most especially HoCo got a pretty visible DC influence going on.

The Eastern Shore is a little more standalone but I would say that it gravitates towards Baltimore more than DC. Western Maryland is the exact opposite.

My college roommate (white) was from Eastern Shore and gravitated toward the DC culture even though he wasn't pre-exposed to it possibly because we were from the area. However I conclude if he was roommates from folks from Baltimore then he would've gravitated toward that culture just the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top