Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most/biggest projects?
Austin 36 55.38%
Nashville 8 12.31%
Charlotte 15 23.08%
Raleigh/Durham 2 3.08%
Salt Lake City 4 6.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 02:30 PM

489 posts, read 905,569 times

Advertisements

People should really look more into what SLC area is doing....

Draper offers vision of prison site development | Deseret News

Developers begin massive Geneva redevelopment in Utah County | The Salt Lake Tribune
Mixed use development planned on old Utah Co. steel mill site | FOX13Now.com - News for Salt Lake City, Ogden, Provo and beyond

Fairbourne Station

Economic Development - City of Orem - Featured Real Estate - University Place

Just large scale developments here. Very large scale. Not much in the way of high-rises, but this thread isn't about just that.

Poll was placed more so to prove how biased C-D would be....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 09:05 PM

895 posts, read 1,231,169 times
So youre saying SLC has more projects than Austin?

Old 06-16-2014, 12:02 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,258,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Talbott View Post
People should really look more into what SLC area is doing....

Draper offers vision of prison site development | Deseret News

Developers begin massive Geneva redevelopment in Utah County | The Salt Lake Tribune
Mixed use development planned on old Utah Co. steel mill site | FOX13Now.com - News for Salt Lake City, Ogden, Provo and beyond

Fairbourne Station

Economic Development - City of Orem - Featured Real Estate - University Place

Just large scale developments here. Very large scale. Not much in the way of high-rises, but this thread isn't about just that.

Poll was placed more so to prove how biased C-D would be....
I would have to agree. I think any one of the areas could easily actually have more projects than the other. Charlotte has 2 billion dollar projects. For Charlotte and the Triangle areas alone more jobs were added than homes built. So you can just imagine the type of construction that is about to happen. I have heard many great things about SLC. Of course, you probably didn't need a poll to realize how biased C-D would be.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny12 View Post
So youre saying SLC has more projects than Austin?
Are you saying youve researched projects going on in SLC?

Old 06-16-2014, 05:41 PM

895 posts, read 1,231,169 times
I asked a simple question which you yet to answer.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny12 View Post
I asked a simple question which you yet to answer.
Possibly. Probably more comparable than most people on here seem to think. Cant give a definitive yes or no, but SLC CSA has huge projects going on right now.

Now, have you actually looked into what SLC or any of these other cities are doing?

Old 06-18-2014, 12:26 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,261,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Talbott View Post
Now, have you actually looked into what SLC or any of these other cities are doing?
There are big time projects going on in all of these cities. That's why there is a poll. I think it's natural that people who are more in tune with their city's development are going to think their city has a leg up over one or more of these cities.

As to which city actually leads...that's probably more difficult to quantify than people here are willing to admit. There are so many things to consider...projects that are currently in progress, projects that are seemingly ready to start at any time (approved), projects that have been proposed, and ongoing projects and plans that will take several years to complete. There's public development (a little easier to track), private development, and various infrastructure improvements, too, which some may consider worth considering (public transit lines, airport improvements) and some that are big projects that aren't necessarily as big on the radar (highway construction, stormwater/public works, park space development).

So yes, to your earlier point, it does kind of devolve into a typical C-D pissing contest, but I do think all of the cities are worthy of being mentioned, and I've been happy to click on the links to find out what is going on in places where I don't follow development quite as closely as I do in Nashville.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:55 AM

1,445 posts, read 2,306,549 times
Austin > Charlotte > Nashville > Raleigh

I have no idea what SLC has going on.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:59 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,261,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post

Which Nashville developments are you familiar with?

Old 06-18-2014, 12:06 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,258,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post

I'm not so certain that Austin is so clear and away the leader. The long awaited Epicentre tower has now been approved and will be a dual branded hotel tower that will be 20 stories. While that is only one tower the significance of this tower is that it had been halted after two floors were constructed after the original developer went bankrupt. Of course there are other towers going on in addition to the billion dollar projects in the airport and LRT extension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City