Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: With out census numbers which city feels larger in Population?
Dallas 13 8.84%
Los Angeles 67 45.58%
Chicago 44 29.93%
Houston 10 6.80%
Atlanta 10 6.80%
Miami 3 2.04%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 12:14 AM

591 posts, read 779,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
In the core Chicago - from a metro LA
couldn't have said it better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 01:56 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,865,349 times
You guys always leave Miami out of those Atlanta vs Houston vs Dallas arguments. It makes sense given how similar Atlanta Houston and Dallas are, and how different Miami is from them. Miami is a completely out of the ordinary Southern City. Good or bad, Miami is in it's own world and its so distinct, it can't be confused for another American city let alone another Southern city.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:48 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,505,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
You guys always leave Miami out of those Atlanta vs Houston vs Dallas arguments. It makes sense given how similar Atlanta Houston and Dallas are, and how different Miami is from them. Miami is a completely out of the ordinary Southern City. Good or bad, Miami is in it's own world and its so distinct, it can't be confused for another American city let alone another Southern city.
Lol. For the vast majority, Miami doesn't exist. It's in the worst location possible in comparison to the rest of the Southeast and it has zilch in common with the rest of the region.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:45 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,027,942 times
From a density standpoint La. For actual city limits i say houston. A few cities on this poll combined can fit inside houston.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:54 AM

20,510 posts, read 33,424,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I personally do not find Miamj that different at all from the other Southern cities. It is just more densely populated.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:55 AM

20,510 posts, read 33,424,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawooty View Post
It's not my fault. Nothing is ever amicable when Texas and GA is the topic of comparison.

I would love to be friendly with y'all but y'all (generalizing) stay on some other ish. It is what it is.
It most definitely goes both ways.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I personally do not find Miamj that different at all from the other Southern cities. It is just more densely populated.
Miami is pretty distinct. Or else it would be caught in the Dallas/Houston/Atlanta shuffle. Those 3 get compared so much because of how similar they are, in terms of growth(especially among Black Americans). It's funny, no one in these Southern city scuffle threads wants to acknowledge Miami, UNLESS someone makes a statement that puts Miami in some separate category independent from the South, then folks try to drag Miami back to the Southern union. Maybe there aren't as many boosters of Miami as there are of the other 3 Southern cities. When you think of it, most of Miamis praise comes from posters whom aren't from Miami. Kinda like how Will Smith made the song "Miami". At the time, that was Miamis biggest hip-hop anthem, and it came from a non-Miamian. I guess Miami doesn't need boosting on here. The non-Miami residents will do it for us. So I guess Houston, Dallas, and Atlanta should have at it. Go Heat!!

Old 05-25-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isawooty View Post
Lol. For the vast majority, Miami doesn't exist. It's in the worst location possible in comparison to the rest of the Southeast and it has zilch in common with the rest of the region.
I agree with this. Although I still say the Black population in Miami still retain alot of cultural commonalities with other Blacks in the South.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:34 PM

998 posts, read 1,321,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Dallas does deserve spot number 3 because when driving the city it feel so massive and in North Dallas with all the urban areas and the high fives intersection just makes it feel larger then Houston,Miami and Atlanta.
Clearly you havent been to any city besides dallas. You forgot to mention the largely "rural" south dallas and west dallas. Both areas are much larger than downtown/uptown. It doesnt feel like I'm driving through a city at all.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
Clearly you havent been to any city besides dallas. You forgot to mention the largely "rural" south dallas and west dallas. Both areas are much larger than downtown/uptown. It doesnt feel like I'm driving through a city at all.
South Dallas is rural? When I think of South Dallas I think of Oak Cliff and vicinity. That area is far from rural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City