U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: With out census numbers which city feels larger in Population?
Dallas 13 8.90%
Los Angeles 66 45.21%
Chicago 44 30.14%
Houston 10 6.85%
Atlanta 10 6.85%
Miami 3 2.05%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 12:37 PM

3,665 posts, read 5,523,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Thank you!
Dallas is winning like I forecast it to be the number 3 spot and Houstonians have childish ways when it come to Dallas being more important.You in Illinois must have never been out of the state thinking Dallas is anything less then what I said ha ha ha.

Dallas is doing big things and Houston,Atlanta,Chicago and etc.......need to get out of town more why Dallas is metro 7million strong and coming for Chicago spot.
Lol, almost 7 million strong and no one cares about Dallas, except the people in Dallas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 04:41 PM

6,816 posts, read 6,918,300 times
Dallas is the biggest metro in the South, yet out of the 4 major Southern metros(Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Miami), it gets by far the lowest visitors numbers both domestically and internationally lol.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:13 PM

362 posts, read 364,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Dallas is the biggest metro in the South, yet out of the 4 major Southern metros(Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Miami), it gets by far the lowest visitors numbers both domestically and internationally lol.
That may be true but more people choose to live here. Not being a touristy place is also a positive thing. As someone said in another thread, Dallas is a very practical city and I completely agree!

Old 05-27-2014, 08:21 PM

5,478 posts, read 7,537,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
Nope. I'm talking about the actual city of dallas where folks live. Look at the area where paul quinn college is located and tell me thats "urban"? It was in the news recently that there are parts of the city that dont even have sewers. Kinda hard to be a model of urbanity when your residents are still on septic systems. Hell, the fair park area looks like a small, poor country town. Look at Pleasant Grove....nothing "city" about it. Same goes for coming into dallas from the west on i30.
Have you ever heard of urban blite?

Old 05-27-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
This is why my mom calls Dallas a giant Waco. Her extent of the city is mostly south of I30 though. Once you get north of it, that's when it begins to look like a large city. But South of i30 looks like a small country town.
Mainly, because companies don't want to invest in the Southern areas of Dallas. Once the racial turnover started the investment stopped. Mayor Rawlings is doing a great job trying to get investment into Southern Dallas, that's where the potential growth is.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
I put "rural" in quotation marks for a reason. For a major city, large parts of south dallas look country and undeveloped. I live in dfw. Have you driven down 45? Ledbetter? Theres NOTHING urban about that. Dallas posters like to trumpet uptown/downtown but ignore the fact that there are large sections of the city that look the total opposite.
Large portions of I-45 cannot be developed because of the Great Trinity Forest and the Trinity River Floodplain. Bruh, Ledbetter/Loop12 is NOT rural.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Dee was saying that the core of Dallas looks like Northeast cities. It's clear and obvious this person has never left Texas.
Quote:
I think what's more obvious is that dee is a kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
A kid that needs to learn that you put a space after a period. His/her posts are almost unreadable because of this most basic of grammatical errors. Seriously how bad are the schools in the south???
Quote:
I think he is doing what many do around his age. Type like he talks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Also those smilies are obnoxious. How can you take anything he says seriously with all those smilies all over his posts.
Even though the comments maybe true...leave the kid alone!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:21 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,567,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Even though the comments maybe true...leave the kid alone!
I mean't everything I said Dallas is way more urban then country Atlanta and Houston......

Old 05-28-2014, 01:21 AM

3,453 posts, read 3,105,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
I mean't everything I said Dallas is way more urban then country Atlanta and Houston......
Poor thing

Old 05-28-2014, 01:59 AM

14,111 posts, read 22,683,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
I didn't travel around enough of the metro to fairly judge, but from my last visit to the Miami area, anything around Miami Gardens up to Fort Lauderdale didnt feel like I was in as large of a Metro as it feels riding around Atlanta. Unless it "feels larger" south of that point then I guess my opinion would stay the same.
There's another 1.4 million people North of Fort Lauderdale up in Palm Beach County. Then there's another 1.8million residents living in Dade County South of Miami Gardens. Miami Gardens is an exburb on the Northern tip of Dade County, it's not even in Miamis city-limits and it's nowhere close to the population centers of Downtown Miami and Miami Beach. The area from Miami Gardens to Fort Lauderdale that you visited only accounts for maybe half the metro area at most. Pretty much the equivalent of visiting downtown Sandy Springs and Marrietta without even entering the city limits of Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or