U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best city for exotic dancers
Los Angeles, CA 10 13.89%
New York City, NY 6 8.33%
Honolulu, HI 3 4.17%
Las Vegas, NV 36 50.00%
Portland, OR 7 9.72%
Phoenix, AZ 1 1.39%
Miami, FL 14 19.44%
Atlanta, GA 24 33.33%
Toronto, ON 2 2.78%
Austin, TX 2 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 10:08 PM

25 posts, read 32,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoosername View Post
Helped a lot! Thank you. I appreciate it, really. I hear Tempe is where all of the nightlife is, especially since it's right by the university. Does it seem to be more busy in those areas than the town of Phoenix itself? Thanks again
Nope, Old Town Scottsdale is where the majority of the nightlife is followed by Mill Avenue in Tempe.

I have heard Bourbon Street in Phoenix is one of the better strip clubs in Phoenix area - I'm not a frequenter of strip clubs though lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 10:56 PM

1,791 posts, read 2,125,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoosername View Post
Without any lectures or judgements, which place would you assume a 20-something year old female student could make the most bank as a stripper?

Naturally Las Vegas would be most people's answer, considering it technically is the adult Disneyland. However, seeing as there is a good amount of clubs in the Phoenix metro area as well, perhaps since the competition and dancer demand is already so large in Vegas. Phoenix could very well be a better choice.

Vegas is known for some of the best strip clubs in the US (sapphire, spearmint rhino, etc) and Arizona itself is almost never mentioned for strip clubs.
Ever consider Los Angeles? There are bunch of strip clubs around Hollywood. Seventh Veil and the Body Shop being the more infamous ones. The one I always wanted to go to though was Jumbo's Clown Room.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:10 PM

12 posts, read 57,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Ever consider Los Angeles? There are bunch of strip clubs around Hollywood. Seventh Veil and the Body Shop being the more infamous ones. The one I always wanted to go to though was Jumbo's Clown Room.
I actually have. The biggest con would most likely be the high cost of rent, especially coming from a cheap apartment on the southeast in Florida! ($830 a month including utilities)
Perhaps I should expand my horizon and check into LA more. I believe it is up there with the high demand for dancers and other entertainment just like Vegas is, as well.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:47 PM

13,094 posts, read 15,900,406 times
Well, Atlanta is the strip club capital of America, so ...

http://m.vice.com/Fringes/atlanta-strip-city

Old 05-24-2014, 11:53 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,134,962 times
Actually the Southwest flights out of LA to Las Vegas on Friday afternoon used to have nicknames not usable on a PG 13 forum. And they were and I suspect still are.

So the best may be to work Phoenix or LA during the week and weekend in Las Vegas.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:03 AM

6,846 posts, read 12,392,242 times
I used to think there were no more original ideas to compare cities with. You have surprised me.

My vote goes for any city with an abundant population of rich businessmen.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:13 AM

12,973 posts, read 12,134,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I used to think there were no more original ideas to compare cities with. You have surprised me.

My vote goes for any city with an abundant population of rich businessmen.
Actually I think this one is a clever ploy to find out where someone should move to make a living undulating...

Old 05-25-2014, 06:39 AM

99 posts, read 106,403 times
out of curiosity, you mentioned southeast florida, is the market getting saturated out there? between gold rush, tootsies, and scarletts, they are pretty solid places to be and probably work, especially over the weekends…just curious...

Old 05-25-2014, 08:08 AM

706 posts, read 2,848,117 times
I think a talented dancer could make good money at the higher end clubs like christie's cabaret in tempe or scottsdale. I'd stay away from phoenix clubs; certain clientele = shootings.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:56 AM

852 posts, read 814,263 times
Supposedly there are many women who come up to Vegas Fridays and leave Sundays to work the strip clubs. (and some to hook) They also target the major conventions/tradeshows. I'd guess things are pretty slow the rest of the time - saturated.

It sounds like AZ strip clubs have (had) more guys going right "after work" for $10 lap dances (as well as later?) whereas most Vegas clubs don't really get hopping until 10/11pm and laps are $20 and up. Cheetahs in Vegas was the only popular afternoon club - back when construction was strong here and it seemed like many of the dancers had "regular" customers.

I assume you have danced in Florida but the business could be better there?

(note to self - post 420)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City