Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 08:37 AM

96 posts, read 127,102 times

Advertisements

Hello All

I want to know views from people who have lived in either of these states. I am really confused which one to select. We want to relocate from Long Island to either NC or Tx for better quality of life. We have 2 school going kids. So my criteria is good schools, lots of IT jobs, good weather, good house in communities. Please help me to decide. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 01:55 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,214,200 times
Probably a wash honestly Austin in Texas and Raleigh/Durham in NC are 2 of the hottest Software/IT cities period along with San Fran, Seattle and Boston. Dallas and Houston are powerhouses just because of sheer size. And or course Charlotte and Greensboro/Winston Salem are quite robust as well. I'd apply to any and all. And really base your move off of the other stuff. Schools weather etc... NC and Texas aren't day and night and both are amazing states and growing by leaps and bounds.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:31 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,890,626 times
Texas

Specifically Austin & Dallas.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:39 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,632,677 times
Depends on what your background in software is.

For software in the Medical industry, Raliegh.

If you a programmer, in IT, or tech support, Dallas.

If your into software development and R&D, Austin.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:53 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,890,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Depends on what your background in software is.

For software in the Medical industry, Raliegh.

If you a programmer, in IT, or tech support, Dallas.

If your into software development and R&D, Austin.
Toss up between Houston & Raleigh in medical. Houston has the oil & energy industries not found in Raleigh making Houston that much more easier to find a job.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:35 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,632,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Toss up between Houston & Raleigh in medical. Houston has the oil & energy industries not found in Raleigh making Houston that much more easier to find a job.
Who said anything about the oil industry? I said software geared toward the medical industry. If the OP is looking for a software based job for the oil industry, Houston would be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City