Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 AM

3 posts, read 2,951 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone I'm going to make this short as possible....

Ok I have a party planning business (not going into detail of business, protection reasons) My idea is not in Huntsville, AL at all (No Competition) . Knoxville, TN on the other hand from my research has... I think 2 or 3 if I'm not mistaken. But, It's this one company in Knoxville, TN that is very popular even to the point where she has like maybe 3 other locations including Knoxville, Nashville and Louisiana, This company facebook page has a lot of positive feedback and sometimes she is booked months ahead of time. Now, Chattanooga I also have competitors there 4 to be exact., 2 are very popular in Chattanooga.

The problem:

Huntsville : My husband is really ready to leave, His factors on "NO JOB OPPORTUNITIES" (He has a job, He can live anywhere in America and still work for the same company so relocating without a job is not an issue for us), He also says...Huntsville is boring (we both are 29)

I kinda want to leave but not for the same reason as my husband...I love the feel of Chattanooga, I love their downtown area, I love the fact that everyone is outdoor riding their bikes or doing some kind of activity outdoors ( My son is a day time out door person he says can't deal with the bugs at night, LOL !!, He is 5 years old

Knoxville: My husband and I been there for a week and he likes at least 2 private schools there for our son and he is kinda right. I visited Chattanooga private schools (#4 I personally did the tours) and...I can't really put my finger on it. something is just off, I will leave it like that. Knoxville,mmmhh it reminds me of Huntsville, But with more job opportunity there (at least that's what the locals told us, not sure how true it is), I do see Knoxville growing and I see business opportunity there and it has that outdoor feel as well.

But, Huntsville...Has a good private school that our son is about to attend in August kindergarten !!, I don't see job opportunity here at all, Outdoor? I see more people outside on Sat/Sun (Chattanooga is like everyday, IJS) But, I do see my business making a lot of money here and even traveling to other areas that don't have it. A part of me wants to stay because there is no competition =$$$ and great school we both chose for our son. But, If we want to have a good time we have to travel every weekend to Chattanooga, Knoxville and Atlanta...We kinda want to be in that state that has everything...kinda like Chattanooga. But, I'm afraid to put my business in a state that is saturated already with a very similar business Idea I already have. We got the money to start the business...we just don't know which state to start it in. Any Advice appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City