Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 08:30 AM

539 posts, read 523,316 times

Advertisements

LA has a better chance of getting 2 teams than Portland does of having one. 18 million people in the TV market is a hell of a lot.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't see them getting 2 teams, but I also do not see Portland getting one in the next 30 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 04:02 PM

128 posts, read 222,959 times
Los Angeles Raiders sounds best to me. However, San Antonio could be a good place for them too. The sneaky place is Portland, Oregon. Anywhere but Oakland.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:51 PM

539 posts, read 523,316 times
Raiders probably won't leave either btw. They are just using LA as leverage so their city pony's up and gives them more cash.
I could potentially see the Rams come back to LA which seems odd, but their owner actually bought a huge plot of land in LA recently, and him and STL haven't gotten along perfectly.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:08 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrockettandTubbs View Post
Los Angeles Raiders sounds best to me. However, San Antonio could be a good place for them too. The sneaky place is Portland, Oregon. Anywhere but Oakland.
Eh... I don't see it.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:59 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,515,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrockettandTubbs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1523 View Post
LA has a better chance of getting 2 teams than Portland does of having one. 18 million people in the TV market is a hell of a lot.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't see them getting 2 teams, but I also do not see Portland getting one in the next 30 years
Portland will get an NHL team before they get MLB or NFL. The reason is simple, we already have the Moda Center/Rose Garden and the ownership is open to an NHL franchise, so while it's a far possibility, that could happen.

There's no local support for higher taxes for state/local funding for a new football or baseball stadium(hell, we couldn't even get a new minor league baseball stadium built)--and there's not a lot of local big spenders or corporations who'd really put the cash down the build a new NFL-ready stadium--nor is there an existing stadium. Except for maybe Phil Knight and Nike, though Phil Knight already owns a football team--and they're called the Ducks.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:24 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,714,926 times
Set the Raiders up just south of the Salton Sea. They stink just like that water too. Call them the Brawley Raiders. Will attract fans from the Inland Empire,Coachella Valley and all the Raider fans south of the border in Mexicali !

Old 08-23-2014, 04:13 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,826,410 times
a city with 2 MLB teams and one that once had 2 NFL teams and could have them again and would be able to give the same amount as 2 team support as NY gives the Giants and the Jets. Why Chicago, of course: the Bears in the NFC, the Raiders in the AFC in the sports-crazy Windy City. Split both city and metro population in half and you still have a hefty fan base for an NFL team.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:27 AM

305 posts, read 416,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I would like to see a state that doesn't have an NFL team get the Raiders.
This

Old 08-23-2014, 11:33 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
a city with 2 MLB teams and one that once had 2 NFL teams and could have them again and would be able to give the same amount as 2 team support as NY gives the Giants and the Jets. Why Chicago, of course: the Bears in the NFC, the Raiders in the AFC in the sports-crazy Windy City. Split both city and metro population in half and you still have a hefty fan base for an NFL team.
Given how everyone likes to give props to how die-hard Chicago sports fans are, how do you think the Raiders are gonna attract all those die hard Bears fans?

Old 08-23-2014, 01:58 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Given how everyone likes to give props to how die-hard Chicago sports fans are, how do you think the Raiders are gonna attract all those die hard Bears fans?
They won't. Two NFL Teams won't work in Chicago. The Bears are the most popular team in that metro by far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City