Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The following city has the greatest influence on the rest of the U.S.A...
New York City 502 68.30%
Los Angeles 233 31.70%
Voters: 735. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 06:01 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,087,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Culturally, yes, LA has more of a draw than NYC. I would say that LA is much more glamorized than NYC.

And actually, in my experience outside of CD, people love LA.
How is LA in any shape or form a bigger draw than nyc, besides movies? And new york is not even far behind in that category. You see more of the city than la in media anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 06:08 PM

196 posts, read 457,806 times
New York City, if you're talking about economics, Los Angeles if you're talking about entertainment.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:28 PM

981 posts, read 805,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
How is LA in any shape or form a bigger draw than nyc, besides movies? And new york is not even far behind in that category. You see more of the city than la in media anyway
It's my own perception. The thread is just calling for our own perceptions and opinions, and mine is that LA is much more glamorized and has much more of a draw, culturally, than NYC does. You're free to disagree.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
TT1

148 posts, read 439,723 times
Quote:
Culturally, yes, LA has more of a draw than NYC. I would say that LA is much more glamorized than NYC.

And actually, in my experience outside of CD, people love LA.

AMERICA'S FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE CITIES - With Photos

I don't think so.

And another

Most Popular Cities People Want to Move to:

Quote:
New York City has topped the list of cities where the most people would like to live in or near, every year, since 1997, except in 1998 when it slipped behind San Francisco. However, Denver and San Francisco, now tied for second place, have moved up from # 9 and # 4 last year. This is the first time in the thirteen year series that Denver has placed higher than #4.

The other most popular cities on the top ten are San Diego (#4), Seattle (#5), Chicago (#6), Boston (#7), Las Vegas (#8), Washington, DC (#9), and Dallas (#10).

Also in the top 15 are Austin (#11), Nashville (#12), Atlanta (#13), Orlando (#14), and Los Angeles (#15).
1. New York City
=2. Denver
=2. San Francisco
4. San Diego
5. Seattle
6. Chicago
7. Boston
8. Las Vegas
9. Washington, DC
10. Dallas
11. Austin
12. Nashville
13. Atlanta
14. Orlando
15. Los Angeles

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=174828

Old 01-03-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
That's been mentioned elsewhere, and it makes no difference to me in my experience, and in the experience of others I've talked with.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:06 PM
TT1

Quote:
That's been mentioned elsewhere, and it makes no difference to me in my experience, and in the experience of others I've talked with.
Who have you talked with?

I can find lots of people who think El Paso is the best city in the US...doesn't make it true.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Who have you talked with?

I can find lots of people who think El Paso is the best city in the US...doesn't make it true.
And posting an article that shows that LA is hated (or that NYC is loved) doesn't make it true for everyone else, either.

Besides, the topic of this thread concerns the greatest influence of either NYC or LA, not which one is liked more in a random poll/article.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:11 PM
TT1

Quote:
And posting an article that shows that LA is hated (or that NYC is loved) doesn't make it true for everyone else, either.

Besides, the topic of this thread concerns the greatest influence of either NYC or LA, not which one is liked more in a random poll/article.
Two random articles.

And the last one is done by a major US polling organization (Harris Interactive) who accurately predicted the results/margins of the last presidential election, so I wouldn't call it "random" or false.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Two random articles.

And the last one is done by a major US polling organization (Harris Interactive) who accurately predicted the results of last presidential race, so I wouldn't call it "random" or false.
None of it matters, and that's what you fail to realize.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:14 PM
TT1

Back to the topic: NYC yields a greater influence on the US than LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City