Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hardest to park?
New York City 25 29.07%
Boston 10 11.63%
Philadelphia 16 18.60%
DC 2 2.33%
Chicago 3 3.49%
San Francisco 21 24.42%
Seattle 2 2.33%
Los Angeles 2 2.33%
Miami 2 2.33%
Other (college towns included) 3 3.49%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 08:48 AM

141 posts, read 222,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
A listing of the worst cities for parking in the US--uses the Colliers 2012 data from above, along with FBI 2010 vehicle theft stats. Chicago takes the cake:

1. Chicago
2. Oakland
3. San Francisco

4. New York City
5. Boston
6. Honolulu
7. D.C.
8. Seattle
9. Philly
10. Sacramento

Worst Cities for Parking Your Car | NerdWallet Insurance
I admit, I haven't driven or tried to park in the Bay Area in almost six years now, but comparatively, I've never had anything close to the "headaches" and aggravations trying to park in Oakland that I've had in San Francisco. And to see Oakland listed at number two over both San Francisco and NYC on a list like this? I know Oakland's changed a bit over the years since I've left the Bay Area based on what my friends out there talk and sometimes gripe about, and I could be wrong, but I kinda doubt it's changed [i]that[i] much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 08:55 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,171,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianH View Post
I admit, I haven't driven or tried to park in the Bay Area in almost six years now, but comparatively, I've never had anything close to the "headaches" and aggravations trying to park in Oakland that I've had in San Francisco. And to see Oakland listed at number two over both San Francisco and NYC on a list like this? I know Oakland's changed a bit over the years since I've left the Bay Area based on what my friends out there talk and sometimes gripe about, and I could be wrong, but I kinda doubt it's changed [i]that[i] much.
That listing accounts for car thefts, as well--hence the Oakland boost.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:14 AM

7 posts, read 5,589 times
Philly's old, historic streets are nice, but dang, they're very crowded. It's not easy to park there.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:48 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyuneedtoknow0 View Post
Philly's old, historic streets are nice, but dang, they're very crowded. It's not easy to park there.
It makes us the best parallel parkers in the country though .

Old 01-15-2015, 12:18 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,171,933 times
New analysis shows that parking is oversupplied in the U.S. on average by 65 percent...

Quote:
"On average across the cases, parking supply exceeded demand by 65 percent."
Quote:
"Instead they found oversupply to be the norm in West Coast areas designed with cars in mind as well as in East Coast districts designed around transit, and in suburbs with higher driving shares as well as in cities with lower ones. They also found that the oversupply trend held true in mixed-use districts with paid parking as well as in places where parking was free."
Just Because You Can't Find a Place to Park Doesn't Mean There Aren't Way Too Many Parking Spots - CityLab
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City