Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: America's Best Pizza
New York City 41 33.33%
New Haven 16 13.01%
Chicago 39 31.71%
Detroit 3 2.44%
Los Angeles 2 1.63%
San Francisco 1 0.81%
Savannah 0 0%
New Orleans 0 0%
Philadelphia 2 1.63%
Other (Please Specify) 19 15.45%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 02:09 AM

10,645 posts, read 15,969,588 times

Advertisements

States with best Pizza?

New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Massachusetts
Rhode Islands
Pennsylvania
California

Those states should be in the top 10 for sure but don't know in what order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 03:26 AM

2,691 posts, read 3,171,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
I remember St. Louis having some exceptionally good pizza as well, good thin crust.
And I'm the other vote, and St. Louis is why.
St. Louis-style pizza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-02-2014, 05:36 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,665,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Boston is not on the list, but I love Santarpio's Pizza! There is a coal oven joint in one of the suburbs (Angelo's in Saugus), that is amazingly good.

I remember St. Louis having some exceptionally good pizza as well, good thin crust.

Deep dish in Chicago (the authentic kind that takes 45 minutes to prep and bake) was one of my most memorable pizza's I've had but it's not the kind of pizza I could eat on the regular. It was VERY good though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
And I'm the other vote, and St. Louis is why.
St. Louis-style pizza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mmmm... I do miss St. Louis style pizza

Old 09-02-2014, 07:47 AM

5,888 posts, read 12,973,618 times
St. Louis Pizza is the absolute worse. Burnt communion wafers, crappy sauce and the horrid "cheese" abomination called provel (that even the FDA can't classify as being cheese). Yeech.

Best pizza ever: There was a little joint in Woodstock, NY (not even sure if they are still around) but they had the absolute best traditional and white pizza I ever ate.

While not the best, I have managed to find a few good pizza places in Southern California (and after living in St. Louis, I will never complain about California pizza again).

Village Pizzeria on Coronado Island in San Diego, and La Rocco's in Huntington Beach (I'm not sure if they are the same La Rocco's of Culver City and San Clemente) make a very good New York Style Pizza.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:08 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,665,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
St. Louis Pizza is the absolute worse. Burnt communion wafers, crappy sauce and the horrid "cheese" abomination called provel (that even the FDA can't classify as being cheese). Yeech.

Best pizza ever: There was a little joint in Woodstock, NY (not even sure if they are still around) but they had the absolute best traditional and white pizza I ever ate.

While not the best, I have managed to find a few good pizza places in Southern California (and after living in St. Louis, I will never complain about California pizza again).

Village Pizzeria on Coronado Island in San Diego, and La Rocco's in Huntington Beach (I'm not sure if they are the same La Rocco's of Culver City and San Clemente) make a very good New York Style Pizza.
Knew you'd show up! lol

Old 09-02-2014, 08:17 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,155,419 times
A New York City artichoke pizza. Heaven.

Honorable mentions to a grandma slice from Brooklyn and the traditional folded slice, cheese or supreme, with parmesan added.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:17 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,933,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
What makes New Orleans and Savannah pizza better than the pizza in Boston and Providence
Think there should have been a city from Jersey in the poll.
Everybody forgets about us in NJ. That's ok, we still have some of the best pizza around and as evidenced by this poll, only we locals know about it! Please, flood NYC looking for amazing pizza, I'll stay here in my local joints eating the exact same quality and taste minus the tourists.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:10 AM

10,645 posts, read 15,969,588 times
Not to offend anyone from Chicago but a Pizza is supposed to be flat, deep dish is what i would call a Pizza-Pie.
I should know because i eat Pizza at least once a week for the last 2 decades, all over the world!

Old 09-02-2014, 09:33 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,549,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Not to offend anyone from Chicago but a Pizza is supposed to be flat, deep dish is what i would call a Pizza-Pie.
I should know because i eat Pizza at least once a week for the last 2 decades, all over the world!
Last time I checked deep dish wasn't the only kind of pizza made in Chicago.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:36 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,359,955 times
New Haven White Clam Pizza with Cheese!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City