U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:32 PM

3,280 posts, read 4,609,866 times
Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas... towns, especially small ones, throughout these states have meth problems.
I've heard Hawaii has it bad, too.
It's predominant among middle to lower-class whites almost anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 02:13 PM

7,646 posts, read 10,695,944 times
I hear Oregon, especially Salem/Eugene, and headed up the mountains towards the ocean (Newport, Lincoln City) is bad. I drove through that area last fall, and it was eerie. You'd just see double-wide trailers buried in hollows, one after the next. My cousin manages timber lands there, and owns quite a bit of land. His foresters have to routinely perform what are called 'basal area' surveys. Many of these surveys occurred in backwoods areas, off the main roads. Anyway, the scuttlebut amongst the foresters is where these locally known labs are, or are suspected to be. So my cousin has some pretty inner-knowledge of the doings in this area. As we drove, he'd show where his property started, where it ended with the BLM, and then where smaller privately owned parcels were in between. Then, he'd tell me where the suspected perpetrators were. One after the next. It was quite a fascinating ride, to say the least.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:20 PM

1,707 posts, read 3,474,494 times
1. South Central Kansas and Central Oklahoma
2. El Cajon and Lakeside CA
3. Most of the 5 corridor up through Seattle
4. Vegas

Check out the Advertisements in between the posts---ewwww

Last edited by leighland; 04-02-2008 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: i forgot vegas

Old 04-02-2008, 03:00 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,310,650 times
Meth seems to be mostly a rural problem....so pretty much most rural areas, particularly in the west and southwest. You won't see a real huge meth presence in the urban areas, but it's still there.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:52 PM

140 posts, read 384,199 times
I agree with what a previous poster said. Show me somewhere where they don't have a meth problem.

A few areas of the top of my head:

1. Atlanta Metro area-god awful.
2. Texas
3. Pacific NW
4. Small cities in any state.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:37 PM

29 posts, read 57,223 times
Central FL

Old 04-04-2008, 09:24 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,084,504 times
Any place in California, especially Southern Cal. Some parts of rural East Texas, Most of Arizona esp. Tucson and Phoenix, most of Oregon and parts of Washington state. I would guess that right now most of America suffers from the meth problem. Funny how certain politicians say the drug problem in hte US is getting better.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:41 PM

3,146 posts, read 3,946,368 times
Montana until very recently was experiencing meth problem in some communities, believe it or not. Thanks to a billionare "with a conscience" who resides here, and with the help of the awesome govenment leaders here, the Montana Meth Project was launched. It provides a wealth of information about the dangers of meth use, but predominantly consist of some really graphic, soul searing televised commercials that have proven very effective. Meth use by teens is now down by 45%. Some complained about the graphic nature of the anti-meth campaign, but hey, teenagers don't listen to anything unless it's intense and in-your-face. Neighboring states are paying attention and are adopting measures to implement the same type of preventative campaigns in their own states.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:36 AM

4,584 posts, read 9,077,267 times
In New Mexico its mostly a rural thing,when they do bust a meth lab its usually out in the country somewhere,or someone will set up shop in Albuquerque in a house or hotel, but still mostly small towns.

If you have ever watched that new show on AMC called Breaking Bad its about a chemistry teacher who cooks meth,its filmed and based in Albuquerque.
In the show they cook it in a RV out in the desert or in the basement of a house.

I know many people in some of the smaller towns I used to live in in New Mexico that were hooked on meth and it tottaly controlls their lives.Meth is the devil.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:43 AM

424 posts, read 979,888 times
When I lived in Maui HI there was a big problem there, you wouldn't think so for being one of the most beautiful places in the world.

I saw a girl in a parking lot look at me with those meth eyes and I thought I was looking at a demon and never felt so afraid of a female before like that.

They can kill themselves with this drug for all I care but when they step over the line with crime towards others is where you can throw them into a volcano for good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City