U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:57 AM

114 posts, read 307,465 times
Antelope Valley(Lancaster and Palmdale) just north of LA and San Fernando Valley. In the middle of the desert...lots of trailer parks...section 8 housing...lots of meth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 01:38 PM

7,385 posts, read 14,139,517 times
It is really big in Sacramento, CA. For many years Sacto was known as the meth capitol of the states.

Furgus Falls, MN.--pretty big up there.

Rural Maine, although most Mainers will deny this.

You can find it in any rural town/community across the US. None too small.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:25 AM

12 posts, read 61,521 times
There was a really good documentary that aired last fall called Crystal Darkness. VERY eye-opening. You can google it and get information. They have a website with true stories, facts, etc. We have adopted 3 foster children whose parents chose meth over their children, even though they were offered inpatient drug treatment and anything they needed to get clean. No motivation to change their lives. It's very sad. Evil, evil stuff!

Old 06-14-2008, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 9,137 times
Default worst meth town

Bullhead City, AZ. It's a tri-state area. Town is next to Laughlin, NV & CA is the other border. Tweakers get caught in one state, not a prob. they just go next door.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:23 PM

2,222 posts, read 4,454,935 times
Like others have said, it's a problem everywhere nowadays, but I think originally it started back west.
Hence... Greshamphetamine (Gresham) and Methford (Medford), Oregon.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:29 PM

3,134 posts, read 5,648,324 times
Colorado Springs police home page has links to the number of meth lab seizures for each year from 2001 thru 2008.

Illinois State Police have launched a website listing names of those convicted of meth: Methamphetamine Manufacturing Registry.

Burnsville, MN police have a page devoted to stopping meth as does Coeur d' Alene and numerous other cities,

Old 06-14-2008, 06:32 PM

485 posts, read 1,292,138 times
We had a travel trailer stolen from Burnet, Texas (hour from Austin) and cops said it was probably being used as a meth lab. Interesting. Until he said that, I couldn't imagine why someone would steal a trailer...I was thinking - b/c grandma lost her home? or b/c they can't pay their rent? or they need a hunting lodge?

I had heard that the Montana meth project was really getting some results and some other states (like California I think) were trying to duplicate it. I just don't understand why you would even START using meth when it is so incredibly addictive and is basically a mega-toxin killing every cell in your body. The before/after pictures of meth-users should be distributed throughout high schools...just like the crashed up drunk driving cars were displayed on school grounds when I was in HS.

I think you mostly find meth problems/labs in rural areas is that they are easier to hide when they are out in the forest or desert. Law enforcement can't find them as easily as if they were doing it out of a house in town.

Sad.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 PM

1 posts, read 8,253 times
i think des moines is the worst in the entire world, every block atleast 3/4 of the houses are meth houses

Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 AM

4,283 posts, read 6,285,891 times
Meth is all over Oregon and I guess in Washington also, at least from the news reports. I know from all the zombies that prowl around Portland they are obviously on something.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:27 AM

2,293 posts, read 3,955,982 times
We left socal in 2001 and alot of East County had huge meth problems, since the 80's. My brother and his friends were big tweekers and some of them still are. It's amazing they can still be alive.

I know there were rural areas in Missouri and Georgia that have problems since we've left Ca. But I never have seen tweeker problems like you do in East County! Maybe it's cleaned up since? Don't know, haven't been back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City