Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 09:36 PM

114 posts, read 546,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito57 View Post
Allies?? Are you a product of the Chicago Public Schools?

I think you mean alleys. Yeah, too bad we don't have alleys in NYC! Alleys are such wonderful places, aren't they?

Poor Paris, London and Rome need alleys too. They really are missing out on all the alley-related frivolity!

Well, Chicago certainly doesn't have to worry about density or overpopulaton. It's lost over half a million people in 25 years.

Not sure what this gibberish means, but most New Yorkers don't have cars, and most Chicagoans do, so any traffic issues will be affecting far more Chicagoans.

To much? That confirms it; definitely a product of CPS!

Wow, if NYC crime is horrible (it's below the national average), imagine what you think of Chicago crime (4 times higher).

Indeed, Chicago has mastered the parking garage podium (see Streeterville/River North/South & West Loop), the strip mall (see Clybourn, North, or Roosevelt) and the vacant lot (see most of the South Side and West Side).

Please do! The comedy routine is a real hoot!
Yes your right less people own cars in NYC. But maybe just maybe taxi drivers can crash too. hmm.

And I never said crime was better in Chicago

Yes I do feel bad for you New Yorkers for not having alleys. because I have a damn good time at alleys indeed. I guess youll never know. you'll just have to smell it up in your gross New York streets.

Last edited by niac12345; 08-29-2009 at 09:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 09:51 PM

Oh yeah chicago sucks at architecture.

http://img5.travelblog.org/Photos/44761/198085/t/1479666-Chicago-Architecture-0.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-29-2009, 09:54 PM

398 posts, read 1,040,266 times
Nice pic of the fantasy "Chicago Spire". Why not post a pic of the Burj Dubai while you're at it?

You do know the developer is bankrupt and in hiding from creditors in Ireland, right?

The site is a worthless hole in the ground, and has as much chance of being built as I have of being appointed Queen of England.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:57 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,021,950 times
Quote:
Nice pic of the fantasy "Chicago Spire". Why not post a pic of the Burj Dubai while you're at it?

You do know the developer is bankrupt and in hiding from creditors in Ireland, right?

The site is a worthless hole in the ground, and has as much chance of being built as I have of being appointed Queen of England.
The Burj Dubai is almost complete.

Anyway Chicago does have good architecture but its not better than NYCs.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:

Yeah well it's just as useless as your big box.

Construction on the spire starts again when the economy improves.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:02 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,021,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niac12345 View Post
Yeah well it's just as useless as your big box.

Construction on the spire starts when the economy improves.
I am confused. What useless box? The Chicago spire is more useless, its ugly yet interesting, but its just an apartment building which is for who? How many people would live in that in reality?

Old 08-29-2009, 10:03 PM

LOL! The Chicago forumers actually think the Burj Dubai is in Chicago!

Don't forget the Eifel Tower, Taj Mahal, and Great Wall of China!

Old 08-29-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niac12345 View Post
Construction on the spire starts again when the economy improves.
Uh, the developer is bankrupt and in hiding. He has nothing, and the site is worthless.

Maybe it will make a good parking garage. Can't have enough of those in downtown Chicago.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
I am confused. What useless box? The Chicago spire is more useless, its ugly yet interesting, but its just an apartment building which is for who? How many people would live in that in reality?
even in this economy it is 30% full.

Your opinion of the spire and my opinion of the spire is obviously differant.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:08 PM

197 posts, read 181,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
It does cost more to live in NYC - 41% more. Salaries are typically only 10% higher than in Chicago, so the COL is definitely a consideration.
Of course it does, New York is a more attractive city hense more expensive. 10% higher salaries? I do not think so, how about having access to the largest job market in the US? There are industries in New York, and jobs, that are not existent in Chicago at all.
Stop bringing up the COL, of course Mercedes is more expensive than Hyundai.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City