Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city has nicer winter weather: Miami or LA
Miami 80 51.61%
Los Angeles 75 48.39%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 10:22 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,208,375 times

Advertisements

How is LA winning this poll? I sense an anti-Miami bias. Wouldn't surprise me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 03:37 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,597,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Or maybe the people who voted for L.A. just prefer the winters there over Miami? It happens.

Most people in these forums fawn all over Miami. It's not exactly unpopular here. I see a LOT more anti-L.A. posts in various threads than I do Miami.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:49 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,902,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Miami. Higher temps, virtually no rain. There's a reason so many snowbirds flock there in the winter...
This!

Old 12-10-2014, 03:53 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,754,759 times
Miami overall, but although LA is cooler in winter, it can have some very hot days in winter as well.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:57 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,162,317 times
Miami. Warmer days and warmer nights plus the air is ALWAYS clean in Miami.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:06 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifNumberOne View Post
Is this really a thread right now lol!? I'm sure Miami has decent weather. But cmon. Southern Calfornia is known for the best weather in the world. Don't know how some people can like cold azz weather btw
Yes because Miami is an icebox lol

Old 12-10-2014, 04:38 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,603,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
Or maybe the people who voted for L.A. just prefer the winters there over Miami? It happens.

Most people in these forums fawn all over Miami. It's not exactly unpopular here. I see a LOT more anti-L.A. posts in various threads than I do Miami.
I have never seen people 'fawn' over Miami on here. South Florida(especially Miami) is usually talked about in a negative context, in my experience here. Personally I love LA, but it does have its haters here. These haters are the 'four seasons exaggerators'.They talk about four seasons like if they didn't have them, they would die.

Both are unique and encompass things that are truly world renowned.

Miami is tropical, so naturally it has warmer winters.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:10 PM

2,545 posts, read 3,298,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Of course. It's probably the same people who mock East Coasters for their purported preference of four seasons and cold winters now voting for the colder, wetter winters of LA. The irony. Or maybe it's just ignorance.

I have said it before and will say it again -- Miami has as close to perfect weather in the winter as possible. Typically mid to upper 70s (dipping down to low 70s and upper 60s during occasional "cold spells"), low humidity, little precipitation and a warm ocean all through the winter. You just can't beat that.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:11 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,597,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
I have never seen people 'fawn' over Miami on here. South Florida(especially Miami) is usually talked about in a negative context, in my experience here.
Florida itself gets a lot of flak, but Miami itself? Not so much. Maybe once in a while I see some negative posts, but mostly it's strong praise. Miami is a very different animal from the rest of Florida. Personally, I neither love nor hate the place. I'm pretty neutral in my opinions of Miami, and not speaking from any kind of biased viewpoint. I just know what I observe in these forums, and the vast majority of posts I see regarding Miami tend to range from generally positive to absolutely gushing with praise... be it the beaches, the nightlife, the women, the food, the winter weather, or it's status as the Latin-American epicenter of America. The only negative commentary I ever really see is usually about the humidity or the crime.

I don't read every thread in the forums. Perhaps I've missed all these Miami-bashing posts.

Back to the topic of this thread, I voted for L.A. mainly because I like cooler winters. To be perfectly honest, L.A.'s winters are even too warm for my liking. I like snow. At least in L.A. you can drive an hour out of town and be in the snow.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:23 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,208,375 times
Oh dear, you mustn't have been on here for very long. Miami gets a ton of flack on this forum. I agree that I enjoy Miami a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City