U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will or Has Phoenix Passed Philly in City Population?
Phoenix will eventually pass Philly in city population 64 58.72%
Phoenix has already passed Philly in city population 19 17.43%
No Philly will remain ahead of Phoenix in city population 15 13.76%
I'm not sure could swing either way 11 10.09%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 12:06 AM

1,573 posts, read 1,428,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Feel free to create a San Antonio vs Philly thread if you feel that San Antonio isn't getting its proper respect.
Don't need to this is just an opinionated website. No reflect on real life.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:52 AM

2,549 posts, read 3,255,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
That is correct. One of my relatives who lived in Philly all his life moved to Houston. He said he liked Houston better. In real life not everyone in Philly or NYC think all a like to what you see on CD when it comes to cities. Some people from big cities just prefer other areas of the country. I lived SFLA and knew tons of people who moved from big cities ranging from NYC to Chicago who preferred living down in Florida. (some not necessarily in retirement). In real life not all of them from these regions are into cities or the urban lifestyle like what you see on City Data. Usually some of them are suburbanites from these big cities but then again I've known some who actually lived inside the big cities who prefer otherwise.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:40 AM

8,483 posts, read 10,464,129 times
Quote:
Then quit complaining about all the "hate".

Old 01-19-2015, 11:09 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,400,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'd bet that in the Winter, Philadelphians would like nothing more than to live in Phoenix, and in the Summer, Phoenicians would like nothing better than to live in Phily.
Even during the summer here in Phoenix, I wouldnt give up my dry air, 90% sunshine, mountains, nice streets, low crime, etc, to move to Philly. Im sure some might, but thats a big resounding "NO" from me.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:34 AM

525 posts, read 447,961 times
Quote:
San Antonio is better than Phoenix and Philly. But the haters will be quick to shoot that down and post links that they think justifies that San Antonio mediocre at best. Texas cities get so much hate on here its laughable.
Global city - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not according to this Wikipedia page. SA is only a 'sufficiency' city. Philadelphia is a Beta + while PHX is a Gamma + city (not as good as Philadelphia)

Old 01-19-2015, 11:50 AM

6,015 posts, read 6,365,710 times
Quote:
San Antonio is better than Phoenix and Philly. But the haters will be quick to shoot that down and post links that they think justifies that San Antonio mediocre at best. Texas cities get so much hate on here its laughable.
I don't think San Antonio gets an extraordinary amount of hate on here. I've read more positive opinions on SA than negative. A big reason Texas cities get a lot of "hate" is that some try to use population and population growth alone as monolithic indicia of greatness when in reality the large populations and growth of those cities (not just in Texas) are to a large extent overinflated compared to other cities especially in the north, due to the former cities' elephantine city limits. But I think Houston gets more flack for that than either San Antonio or Dallas, and Austin is fairly well-liked on this site.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:59 AM

4,925 posts, read 4,914,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I don't think San Antonio gets an extraordinary amount of hate on here. I've read more positive opinions on SA than negative. A big reason Texas cities get a lot of "hate" is that some try to use population and population growth alone as monolithic indicia of greatness when in reality the large populations and growth of those cities (not just in Texas) are to a large extent overinflated compared to other cities especially in the north, due to the former cities' elephantine city limits. But I think Houston gets more flack for that than either San Antonio or Dallas, and Austin is fairly well-liked on this site.
Austin, TX is one my favorite cities to visit in the world, I love Texas its a very well run state, low taxes and pro business thats why I love it.. I could never move there thou.. I can barely take the heat and humidity in Kentucky in the late spring and summer early fall.. Texas weather would be 10 times worse. I love visiting Texas in the winter thou and early spring.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:24 PM

8,483 posts, read 10,464,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I think you've seemed that up pretty good.

Old 01-19-2015, 03:16 PM

22,331 posts, read 32,152,919 times
I wonder if TX is the most state versu city/metro centric place in the US - or least among those with larger cities. Even CA while a love of their state it seems almost metro first then state

to me that even seems moreso on the EC and in the Northeast as most metros traverse multiple states to begin with I might even go so fr as to say in some regards is city/metro, region, then state in some ways here

Old 01-19-2015, 05:14 PM

3,017 posts, read 1,870,575 times
Pheonix because they will annex the whole state of Arizona within 5 years time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or