U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer New York City or the Los Angeles area?
New York City 129 70.49%
Los Angeles 54 29.51%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:39 PM

14 posts, read 28,166 times

Advertisements

i dont remember seeing any muscle cars when I visited NYC, but I see them all the time in Houston.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:25 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,567,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What about muscle cars? Do you see a lot of muscle cars?
Well, I did in the Adirondack's... Far, far away from a city.

No, seriously though, muscle cars are cool. I'd love one to cruise through the Hudson Valley or on Long Island in, but I'm more into Park Ave. type cars. Not sporty, but luxury cars that look boss... Class, my friend.

"A Lincoln's like driving a waterbed." So true.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:45 AM

1,134 posts, read 854,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 599GTBFIORANO.. View Post

Know one in New York knows how to drive a car like a 599? Have you visited New York? I'm guessing not.
If you didn't care, you wouldn't be sending me softcover novels. You care because I school you. Did I latch onto a spoil't brat who's daddy works for Ferrari? Nothing looks more out of place than an exotic in New York and the last time I saw a Ferrari being driven in that cobblestone crackerbox it was being driven by a blind Al Pacino. Seeing as Los Angeles is the world's largest automobile market your other headquarter/ wealthy suburb/highest income argument is of no consequence. Maybe you should call yourself 599GTBMOOT? Please don't try to compare on the basis of automobile culture- you are way out of your league on that one. You'd have better results trying to convince me that New York is the new Hollywood or that NY supermodels would supplant Hollywood celebrities. (Remember Fashion Cafe?) You call me Nostradamus, maybe I should call you 'Einstein'! I want you to read carefully before you post again. (and you will) This is "New York City area or the Los Angeles area?" Has nothing to do with states. (If that were the case, that 19,100,000 of yours wouldn't hold up too well) I'm from West Hollywood and I live in a suburb of Las Vegas. (read above) That's the one city on the Forbes list (the one I suggested you check) that has more tourists than L. A. As for New York, I don't follow it. No one in L. A. does especially. Except for the fact that it continually, desperately rams itself down my throat every chance it gets, I would otherwise know it for the fact that some monkey climbed a building there once. I just wouldn't be impressed, like watching rich NY'rs trying to figure out the concept of a clutch, but now it has my attention. For shoving itself in the face of every American after 9/11 and at the time, when America was doing an exemplary job of supporting it, deriding the rest of the country as inferior and suggesting that we'd all be lost without it. Then attaining 22 billion (an exorbitant amount) for the tragedy and behind the backs of the rest of us, trying to secure an additional 87 billion from Congress! THAT"S NEW YORK in a nutshell! That may be the final reason why I could never respect it, although I knew it was an iffy concept before. I worked in a Cadillac dealership once upon a time and we'd get our share of Ferrari's (clutch too touchy for my taste) and as for your gallery packed environs, I'm an oil painter- and I would never show there. Anything else on L. A., Einstein?

Old 02-03-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
"A Lincoln's like driving a waterbed." So true.
You mean it rocks like a boat?

Old 02-03-2008, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599GTBFIORANO. View Post
I don't think anything, I know.
L.A. Show: Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Debuts
Date posted: 12-01-2006

LOS ANGELES — Yes, two Ferrari 599 GTB Fioranos rolled in to New York City earlier this month to much acclaim following a grueling Panamerican 20,000-mile journey.

But the car's formal debut was held at the Los Angeles Auto Show on Thursday, where Ferrari General Manager Amedeo Felisa had some interesting things to say about the car's loyal California following.

"During the development of the 599 GTB Fiorano, we dedicated a great deal of attention to the North American market and especially to California, where Ferrari has a high concentration of passionate clients," Felisa said.

Ferrari's Tinseltown fans got to see an impressive lineup at the show, including the F430 Spider, 612 Scaglietti, the F2002 single-seater, the 2006 F430 Challenge and a 1967 275 GTB.

The 599 GTB Fiorano is equipped with an Enzo-derived 5,999-cubic-centimeter V12 engine that punches out 611 horsepower at 7,600 rpm. The 599 GTB sprints from zero to 62 mph in 3.7 seconds and has a top speed in excess of 205 mph. The car is equipped with two features that delight Formula 1 fans: the F1-SuperFast gearbox, which offers gear shifting in 100 milliseconds, and the F1-Trac, which optimizes traction.

What this means to you: As the Ferrari boss said, L.A. and Ferrari are a natural match. sorry, Einstein

Last edited by milquetoast; 02-03-2008 at 03:06 AM..

Old 02-03-2008, 11:46 AM

58 posts, read 42,634 times
I've lived in L.A region for 1/3 of my life.(*actually Altadena area) People in L.A simply do not care about NYC, and if NYC wants to think they are the best..well Los Angeles natives just do not care. They live there enjoying themselves, while you are a middle aged woman/man who hasn't lived in L.A for 30 years thinking you actually represent a native Angeleno.
I've experienced the club scene, the city, the culture, West Hollywood as a teen in the past four years.

But all you can do is just put down NYC, proclaiming that L.A is the "best" city in the world. That is how you make it sound. You kind of give L.A a bad vibe actually by providing a superiority complex. A real Los Angeles native would not be elitist like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
INo one in L. A. does especially. Except for the fact that it continually, desperately rams itself down my throat every chance it gets, I would otherwise know it for the fact that some monkey climbed a building there once. I just wouldn't be impressed, like watching rich NY'rs trying to figure out the concept of a clutch, but now it has my attention. For shoving itself in the face of every American after 9/11 and at the time, when America was doing an exemplary job of supporting it, deriding the rest of the country as inferior and suggesting that we'd all be lost without it. Then attaining 22 billion (an exorbitant amount) for the tragedy and behind the backs of the rest of us, trying to secure an additional 87 billion from Congress! THAT"S NEW YORK in a nutshell! That may be the final reason why I could never respect it, although I knew it was an iffy concept before. I worked in a Cadillac dealership once upon a time and we'd get our share of Ferrari's (clutch too touchy for my taste) and as for your gallery packed environs, I'm an oil painter- and I would never show there. Anything else on L. A., Einstein?

Old 02-03-2008, 03:21 PM

2,498 posts, read 10,074,761 times
Just a note on this whole car battle. The above poster said that San Francisco is the largest market in California for Ferrari. I don't know if that is exactly true, but I would think Los Angeles and is surroundings which have like five times the population of the entire Bay Area would be a much larger market. With more mainstream luxury cars, Orange County is home to Crevier BMW, the number 1 BMW dealer in the Western United States, Fletcher Jones Mercedes Benz, the number 1 Mercedes Benz dealer in the USA, Longo Lexus in Riverside County is the largest Lexus dealer in the Western USA, and Galpin Jaguar of Van Nuys is the largest Jag dealer in the USA. Southern California is home to the largest Lamborghini dealer in the USA, Lamborghini of Orange County, and Aston Martin said its second largest market in the USA is Southern California. There probably are more examples, but saying the Southern California Auto Market is pathetic and poor just proves ignorance. Yes, the average incomes here isn't as high as the Bay Area, but there are way more people here and a lot of them do have money which is why this area is one of the largest market for premium cars in the USA. Also, the Los Angeles Auto Show and Orange County Auto Show are way bigger than any auto show in San Francisco, so who do you think is more important?

Old 02-03-2008, 04:25 PM

1,537 posts, read 3,787,965 times
Ain't that the truth...Many people in L.A or in California go through their daily lives without even thinking about NYC,and yup we don't care if New Yorkers think their the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taty View Post
I've lived in L.A region for 1/3 of my life.(*actually Altadena area) People in L.A simply do not care about NYC, and if NYC wants to think they are the best..well Los Angeles natives just do not care. They live there enjoying themselves,

Old 02-03-2008, 10:00 PM

5,620 posts, read 13,301,589 times
The only reason we post here is because we defend our city. Do you see us going out of our way in NYC forums and starting our own threads against LA?

Old 02-03-2008, 10:55 PM

4,285 posts, read 14,141,538 times
Default And Therein Lies the Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
The only reason we post here is because we defend our city. Do you see us going out of our way in NYC forums and starting our own threads against LA?

City Data forums do not exist to provide members with a venue on which to fight verbal wars on whose city is supposedly better.

City Data exists to provide local, in-the-know information to folks from other areas.

This continued trend toward childish "we're better than you" sparring sessions needs to cease. Members who wish to post informative material are welcomed. Members who choose to post material that is disruptive rather than informative will be given infractions and bans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or