Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best State
Texas 41 17.98%
California 173 75.88%
Florida 14 6.14%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 08:25 AM

7,268 posts, read 10,583,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
Philly is older, has more history, and better Urban planning. But Miami is where even most residents of Philly want to be. In contrast, I have no desire to live in Philly. If I move to the east coast, it will be Manhattan, Philly is just some inconsequential city buzzing around Manhattan.
LOL. I can guarantee you the vast majority of Philadelphians have literally no desire to live in Miami or be associated with Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 08:31 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,150,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
LOL. I can guarantee you the vast majority of Philadelphians have literally no desire to live in Miami or be associated with Manhattan.
I can guarantee you they do. I know your pride is hurt, but I live in Miami Beach, way too many of you down here on vacation or even trying to move here. I see your pasty bodies every single day I walk to my town house

Old 02-16-2015, 09:26 AM

7,268 posts, read 10,583,796 times
Quote:
I can guarantee you they do. I know your pride is hurt, but I live in Miami Beach, way too many of you down here on vacation or even trying to move here. I see your pasty bodies every single day I walk to my town house
It has nothing to do with pride, but it simply doesn't make sense. What you've alluded to is exactly what people go to Miami for -- a nice winter respite from the cold and snow. But that is far from a desire to live there.

I, myself, just got back from a vacation down South, and while I enjoyed it thoroughly, I'm quite happy with and greatly prefer life in the Northeast for a multitude of reasons. That's a very common sentiment among Northerners.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:35 AM

2,342 posts, read 3,987,349 times
Philly is a flyover city where the poors live

Old 02-16-2015, 10:12 AM

148 posts, read 228,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Philly is nice. But I'll take Houston and San Antonio are better.

If I want a real city, ill take Philly.

If I want sprawl, ill take a Texas city.

The choice is clear.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
Philly is a flyover city where the poors live

Well, look who has the wine bottleneck up their ass.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:

Same with NYC, so I guess despite the population growth, more New Yorkers wanna be in Miami, right?

Old 02-16-2015, 10:19 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,034,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagsNJ View Post
If I want a real city, ill take Philly.

If I want sprawl, ill take a Texas city.

The choice is clear.
If that opinion helps you sleep at night. Than you can have your precious Philly.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:27 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,914,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Ohio and Pennsylvania? How would one define "Big time" cities? Are Cincinnati, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Philly, Reading, Toledo, and Harrisburg, more "big time" than Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville. I'm not claiming any of the Florida cities are great, but C'mon. Outside of Philly, Cleveland, OH and PA are filled with mid-sized metros that aren't any more spectacular than the Florida ones.
Pittsburgh is larger than any city in Florida except Miami. Tampa is similarly sized but Jacksonville? That's comical. Cleveland is only 2.1 million. You clearly don't know anything about city size. Philly is larger than any city in Florida including Miami. Its a joke you even think a city like Jacksonville is more" big time" that philly or Pittsburgh.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:29 AM

2,342 posts, read 3,987,349 times
California, Florida, Hawaii, Texas, and NYS are #1-10 in most desirable states folks most want to live in. They are always on the list.

Typical to see Phillies mentioning their irrelevant state. Philadelphians dont want to accept how lowly they are

Harris Interactive: Harris Polls > California Stands Out as the State Where Americans Most

Philly is always one of the least desirable cities polled every year. It has never been voted as desirable and the city is 200k cheaper than the other cities in the NE. So.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City