U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Better January weather?
Santa Monica 29 47.54%
Miami Beach 32 52.46%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 02:21 PM

12,253 posts, read 6,694,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
But I gave up that lifestyle for healthy living out west, and low humidity is essential to it.
Headaches and itchy eyes is not I call a healthy lifestyle. You obviously have higher tolerance for dryness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 03:51 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,780,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Headaches and itchy eyes is not I call a healthy lifestyle. You obviously have higher tolerance for dryness.
its because you are not used to dry weather, ive been living in dry climates almost all my life and have never gotten headaches nor itchy eyes...

Old 03-07-2015, 03:52 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,780,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
IE, San Bernardino/Riverside, are the transition zones it seems. Do they still give off a coastal vibe? Like you said, you'd still find Oaks in these towns.
The IE doesn't seem coastal at, all. its very similar to San Fernando Valley, no coastal feel to it, they just feel landlocked with mountains on three sides.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:02 PM

14,025 posts, read 22,055,836 times
The IE might as well be AZ it seems.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:51 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,150,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
The IE might as well be AZ it seems.
Lol. That's funny. Because when I was much much younger I used to look at the mountains and think that all land ended there and there was just one big ocean past it or space or something.

But we will go with Arizona.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:42 PM

11,568 posts, read 18,000,907 times
It's March for God's sake. Let's give it a rest already since this has to do with 2 months ago.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:16 AM

1,795 posts, read 2,147,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
It's hard to explain, but the dry weather puts you, at least me, in a different mindset than in a humid tropical climate. I was born in Tampa, spent my whole life there, I know the lifestyle and people all too well.

When you go outside on a clear desert night and see thousands of stars, you can't help to wonder what the heck is going on in the universe. You ponder questions that there are no answers too. I only wish I had some hallucinogenic materials to help me gain some knowledge.

Florida, it's more about relaxing, don't think too hard. Just enjoy your pina colada and steel drum music. Although 22 years ago in Boca Raton I scored some decent LSD, went to the beach at night and climbed into the lifeguard stand. Man I just zoned out! It was nice.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:16 PM

14,025 posts, read 22,055,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
Lol. That's funny. Because when I was much much younger I used to look at the mountains and think that all land ended there and there was just one big ocean past it or space or something.

But we will go with Arizona.
Ha. The world ends at the San Bernardino mountains.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:40 PM

12,253 posts, read 6,694,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
It's hard to explain, but the dry weather puts you, at least me, in a different mindset than in a humid tropical climate. I was born in Tampa, spent my whole life there, I know the lifestyle and people all too well.

When you go outside on a clear desert night and see thousands of stars, you can't help to wonder what the heck is going on in the universe. You ponder questions that there are no answers too. I only wish I had some hallucinogenic materials to help me gain some knowledge.

Florida, it's more about relaxing, don't think too hard. Just enjoy your pina colada and steel drum music. Although 22 years ago in Boca Raton I scored some decent LSD, went to the beach at night and climbed into the lifeguard stand. Man I just zoned out! It was nice.
I'm sure they are different places. Just saying that low humidity in the air is uncomfortable to me.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:09 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,150,416 times
So thread seems to have died. Much closer than I thought the original outcome would be. I thought for sure the snowbirds would have voted Miami way further ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or