U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Better January weather?
Santa Monica 29 47.54%
Miami Beach 32 52.46%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-05-2015, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Lexington, KY
12,251 posts, read 6,633,160 times
Reputation: 2645

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
there is a fellow forumer on the weather forum that actually operates a weather station in his home in Key Biscayne, that would have a interesting argument with you.
Looks like people here aren't aware of the Key Biscayne frost hollow LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2015, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
2,412 posts, read 1,765,549 times
Reputation: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
South Florida is indeed a winter beach destination, it's their high season. When do you think most tourists come to South Florida?
It's objectional really. To me low to mid 70s isn't beach weather. To the rest of the country even 60s would be winter beach weather, to people in Boston beach weather would be in the 50s... And so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2015, 09:23 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
15,404 posts, read 24,386,201 times
Reputation: 8769
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
It's objectional really. To me low to mid 70s isn't beach weather. To the rest of the country even 60s would be winter beach weather, to people in Boston beach weather would be in the 50s... And so on.
Well I guess you rarely enjoy the beaches of SoCal then. And 50's isnt "beach weather" anywhere, just because it's cold in winter doesn't mean people will be sunbathing at the beach in 50 degree weather. Either way, winter is the busiest time of year for tourism in South Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2015, 09:34 PM
 
14,006 posts, read 21,961,418 times
Reputation: 4085
For what it's worth, it's currently 73 degrees in Miami Beach, and 61 in Santa Monica. Even during its cold fronts, Miami's warmer than 99 percent of the US. If temps in Miami Beach dip to 59, that usually means it's in the 30's and below everywhere else in the US. Why anyone wouldn't consider Miami is a certified winter/cold weather escape beach destination, is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2015, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Miami Beach, FL/Tokyo, Japan
1,699 posts, read 1,480,468 times
Reputation: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
you are wrong. why base your arguement off extreme weather conditions. temps delow 40 F are extremely rare in Santa Monica, maybe even more so than Miami Beach. but if you wish to use extremes... miami beach is a 10a climate since it has seen 32 F in multiple occasions, and Miami is a 9b as it has seen 27 F.
Your crazy and not in touch with reality. I'm done here.

I leave with the note, 2015 Santa Monica saw 38, Miami saw 42 as the lowest. On 2014, Santa Monica saw 39 and Miami saw 48 as the low. In both cases Miami was 11a, 11b in 2014, in both cases Santa Monica was 10b.

Maybe that's why Miami grows all those tropical plants that can't grow in Santa Monica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2015, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
2,412 posts, read 1,765,549 times
Reputation: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
Your crazy and not in touch with reality. I'm done here.

I leave with the note, 2015 Santa Monica saw 38, Miami saw 42 as the lowest. On 2014, Santa Monica saw 39 and Miami saw 48 as the low. In both cases Miami was 11a, 11b in 2014, in both cases Santa Monica was 10b.

Maybe that's why Miami grows all those tropical plants that can't grow in Santa Monica
I'll leave you with this.

33 F record low in Santa monica
32 F record low in Miami Beach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2015, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Miami Beach, FL/Tokyo, Japan
1,699 posts, read 1,480,468 times
Reputation: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
32 F record low in Miami Beach
Except never happened, it snowed in Santa Monica

Right outside my window are 4 coconut palms, that drop coconuts. Tell the coconut palms it's 10b here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2015, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
2,412 posts, read 1,765,549 times
Reputation: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
Except never happened, it snowed in Santa Monica

Right outside my window are 4 coconut palms, that drop coconuts. Tell the coconut palms it's 10b here
no id didnt... 33 F record low, sorry.

32 F in december, feb and march in miami BEACH.

miami beach january climate
miami beach march climate
miami beach december climate

IDGAF if Miami beach is 10 or 11, santa monica is a 11a and it is a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2015, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Miami Beach, FL/Tokyo, Japan
1,699 posts, read 1,480,468 times
Reputation: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
no id didnt... 33 F record low, sorry.

32 F in december, feb and march in miami BEACH.

miami beach january climate
miami beach march climate
miami beach december climate

IDGAF if Miami beach is 10 or 11, santa monica is a 11a and it is a fact.
Here is the weather station:

11691 SW 17th Street
Miami, FL 33165
305-229-4522

Not Miami Beach, sorry. You want a Coconut? You know the fruits falling in my backyard but Santa Monica can't grow

IF SaMo is 11 why can't it grow all those tropical palms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2015, 10:12 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
2,412 posts, read 1,765,549 times
Reputation: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
For what it's worth, it's currently 73 degrees in Miami Beach, and 61 in Santa Monica. Even during its cold fronts, Miami's warmer than 99 percent of the US. If temps in Miami Beach dip to 59, that usually means it's in the 30's and below everywhere else in the US. Why anyone wouldn't consider Miami is a certified winter/cold weather escape beach destination, is beyond me.
to me 75 F winter day isnt beach weather, simple as that, 75 F wont make me pack my bags and leave on a winter vacation. a better solution is to just stay home to 80s poolside. as i have been doing this winter and past.

but back to my point. Winter weather isn't a blowout as guys consider it.

here is Miami's 10 day forecast
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USFL0316:1:US

and my forecast for my area of Los Angeles: (this has been the majority of this winter and last)
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCA9222:1:US (actually El Monte, a cooler suburb)
National Weather Service

again not a blowout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top