U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:17 AM

5,793 posts, read 10,636,312 times

Advertisements

I saw this a lot in Suburban Saint Louis, the further out, the more extreme it became....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 11:24 AM

2,357 posts, read 2,014,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I saw this a lot in Suburban Saint Louis, the further out, the more extreme it became....
As someone who grew up in the IL suburbs, no, just no. The only time I saw anything remotely like that mess is when you'd drive hours away from the area in order to go on a float trip or something.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:36 AM

I'm talking on the Missouri Side... Go out past Wentzville. I gets very bad.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:45 AM

14,007 posts, read 21,974,419 times
Anywhere in the Suburban South and Suburban Midwest. The South had Bubba Sparxx oddly seemed more authentic and more hip hop to me, than the people the OP posted. But I think of guys like Kid Rock(Suburban Detroit) who started off as a hip-hop DJ and had a hi-top fade, and dated and had children with Black women, but now transitioned to a "wannabe redneck". Kid Rock now shoutouts WalMart in interviews, always wears a confederate flag, makes Southern Rock anthems, and speaks of his love of White women. It's like he's trying too hard to become this caricature of an American Redneck. But that seems to be the natural transition of most wiggers. Almost every wigger I know has embraced this faux(or sometimes real) Redneck lifestyle. But they still somewhat embrace Hip-Hop. Bubba Sparxx always seemed more authentic to me than your typical Southern WiggerNeck. Kid Rock looks like he's trying too hard. How "Country" and "Redneck" can someone from Detroit be?

Old 03-09-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I'm talking on the Missouri Side... Go out past Wentzville. I gets very bad.
Then I'd amend your post to say far flung exurban St. Louis in the middle of nowhere Missouri, because out past Wentzville going west is Warren County, and there's only like 33,000 people in said county.

You certainly did not, and still do not, see that mess in what most people think about when you talk about suburban St. Louis, no matter what side of the river you're talking about.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:01 PM

14,007 posts, read 21,974,419 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HhoeVf2Nzao

Old 03-09-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
Then I'd amend your post to say far flung exurban St. Louis in the middle of nowhere Missouri, because out past Wentzville going west is Warren County, and there's only like 33,000 people in said county.

You certainly did not, and still do not, see that mess in what most people think about when you talk about suburban St. Louis, no matter what side of the river you're talking about.
I lived there (Lake Saint Louis) for 2.5 years. I saw a lot of behavior out there that made West Virginia look sophisticated (and I lived in West Virginia for 5 years).

Old 03-09-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I lived there (Lake Saint Louis) for 2.5 years. I saw a lot of behavior out there that made West Virginia look sophisticated (and I lived in West Virginia for 5 years).
Which is still an exurb nearly 40 miles away from downtown St. Louis. I lived much closer to the city over in St. Clair County, and I did not see that sort of behavior. So again, that sort of mess is not associated with the suburbs that people typically think about when they look at St. Louis, nor does it take place in the immediate suburban area that has a great deal of the population.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:07 PM

12,996 posts, read 17,136,359 times
I live in the hometown of Bubba Sparxxx, so I'd say I probably live in the epicenter of "hick-hop" culture.

Hell, parts of his "Ugly" music video were filmed in the parking lot of the Books-A-Million I used to hang out at. If you look closely, you can see the store in the background.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:14 PM

Lets put it this way... the Bigfoot Monster Truck Headquarters is in Flourissant/Hazelwood, MO - the next town over is Ferguson, Mo.

There is a definite cultural crossover within Saint Louis county limit (my ex-nephew was a total ginger redneck who wore FUBU clothing, and most of his friends dressed similarly)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or