U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-09-2015, 07:12 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,236 posts, read 25,930,159 times
Reputation: 9002

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
Uhhh there is NO ONE like that in Fairfax? Nor Lorton, I don't know about Manassas. Although don't lie to try and prove your point.
And don't act like you know who I know. Stay in your lane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-09-2015, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,236 posts, read 25,930,159 times
Reputation: 9002
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
All of those are exurbs of D.C., barely even the "DMV". The areas in Baltimore's suburbs I mentioned directly border the city and the presence is felt in Baltimore City, heavy.
So you're trying to say you will not find anyone in Fairfax (county or city) that doesn't like both country and hip hop? Same with maybe even anyone in Arlington County or even Charlles County in Maryland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2015, 07:16 PM
 
1,833 posts, read 1,710,486 times
Reputation: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
All of those are exurbs of D.C., barely even the "DMV". The areas in Baltimore's suburbs I mentioned directly border the city and the presence is felt in Baltimore City, heavy.
Fairfax nor Lorton is an exurb of DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2015, 07:21 PM
 
1,833 posts, read 1,710,486 times
Reputation: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
And don't act like you know who I know. Stay in your lane.
You said "I know many" which is false. That culture is non existent in Fairfax. I don't need to stay in my lane, this is a forum I can reply and speak to whoever I want to. This thread has nothing to do with a person liking both country and rap. That's prevalent everywhere, people in California, Hawaii, Colorado to New York can like both rap and country. That's not what this thread is about, obviously you did not read the title nor thread before you commented. There is no hick-hop culture in Fairfax and Lorton, and in NoVa in general. Did you even bother looking at the videos?

I also disagree that it's like that in the Baltimore area as well, so calm down. I think there are definitely wiggers in the Baltimore area but no hick hop lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2015, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,236 posts, read 25,930,159 times
Reputation: 9002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
You said "I know many" which is false. That culture is non existent in Fairfax. I don't need to stay in my lane, this is a forum I can reply and speak to whoever I want to. This thread has nothing to do with a person liking both country and rap. That's prevalent everywhere, people in California, Hawaii, Colorado to New York can like both rap and country. That's not what this thread is about, obviously you did not read the title nor thread before you commented. There is no hick-hop culture in Fairfax and Lorton, and in NoVa in general. Did you even bother looking at the videos?

I also disagree that it's like that in the Baltimore area as well, so calm down. I think there are definitely wiggers in the Baltimore area but no hick hop lol.
This
Quote:
Although don't lie to try and prove your point.
Is what I was responding to. Took it a different way. And all of my comments in this thread are in response to what another person has said so please save the you obviously have not read the title or the thread before I commented crap. I'm not trying to hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2015, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
2,533 posts, read 2,698,980 times
Reputation: 3861
Absolutely Little Rock Arkansas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2015, 07:45 PM
 
3,806 posts, read 5,003,185 times
Reputation: 3284
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
Have you ever been to Dundalk, Glen Burnie, or Arbutus? While those are technically in the suburbs they border Baltimore city snd that whole wigger infused with hillbilly culture is prevalent in those parts.
So you can use the w word here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2015, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Chicago
2,357 posts, read 2,014,953 times
Reputation: 2181
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
30 miles is not a "far flung exurb" unless you live in a little fiefdom like St. Louis;

Its senseless to argue with a person from St. Louis.... They think they are always right.
I'm done with this thread.
So what is it then? An inner ring suburb?

The fastest route between city hall to city hall is 38.5 miles according to Google Maps, and the next fastest is more than 40. That's a similar distance from Chicago to Joliet, and, even with all of Chicagoland's sprawled out suburbs and exurbs, Joliet is not considered to be a close by suburb.

Now Lake St. Louis may not be an exurb per se, but it certainly sits on the border where that line starts. You lived on the periphery of the primarily populated area of the metro. Even Alton and Edwardsville in Madison County in Illinois are closer to downtown St. Louis than you were. Sorry.

You can think whatever you want about whether or not people from St. Louis think they know it all, but you were certainly not immediately next door to the city of St. Louis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2015, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Columbia, MD
1,409 posts, read 1,878,377 times
Reputation: 2054
It's funny that even before opening this thread I immediately though of Baltimore and its environs, particular areas directly to the south and east of the city. The hip-hop wigger/redneck phenomenon also shows some minor prevalence in nearby Harford and Carroll counties as well, though the cultural heart of the movement tends to be in the Halethorpe to Glen Burnie corridor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2015, 09:50 PM
 
1,833 posts, read 1,710,486 times
Reputation: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
This


Is what I was responding to. Took it a different way. And all of my comments in this thread are in response to what another person has said so please save the you obviously have not read the title or the thread before I commented crap. I'm not trying to hear it.
Well you had to be corrected giving very false/inaccurate information. That's like me saying orange county has hick/hop culture. Just completely absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top