U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 08:13 PM

2,851 posts, read 5,428,914 times

Advertisements

And then on the flip side of this phenomenon is Nelly. A Black Hip Hop artist from St. Louis for those who don't know. He's always had a bit of a southern twang in his rap. "It's getting hot in hurr" but for a while now he has been going more and more country. He teamed up with country group "Georgia Florida Line". Modern White country band that sounds kind of urban meets urban Black rapper that sounds increasingly country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmZ9xRO7M9M

He also does a song with Tim MGraw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3htOCjafTc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 07:45 AM

1,219 posts, read 969,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
Fairfax nor Lorton is an exurb of DC.
Lorton definitely is once.you get to Woodbridge forget about it, it's like Georgia down there. Fairfax same thing once you get to Centreville and Manassas you might as well be in Texas. The suburbs of Baltimore I mentioned border the city thus having a greater influence. In fact there are parts right in the city that fit the description.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:09 PM

1,833 posts, read 1,708,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
Lorton definitely is once.you get to Woodbridge forget about it, it's like Georgia down there. Fairfax same thing once you get to Centreville and Manassas you might as well be in Texas. The suburbs of Baltimore I mentioned border the city thus having a greater influence. In fact there are parts right in the city that fit the description.
Are you kidding me? Lorton is not an exurb, no where in Fairfax county is an exurb. The exurbs are Stafford, Fredericksburg, etc. Centreville doesn't feel like Texas either, you are really speaking nonsense right now. Also, Lorton is not southern the only place in Lorton that feels southern is Gunston. Have you been to Lorton before? Go to Lorton station and silver brook road. Meet the people and residents there. It's very diverse, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.....

Also a place being southern has nothing to do with it being an exurb. Do you know what the word exurb means?

Old 03-11-2015, 07:32 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,307,902 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me? Lorton is not an exurb, no where in Fairfax county is an exurb. The exurbs are Stafford, Fredericksburg, etc. Centreville doesn't feel like Texas either, you are really speaking nonsense right now. Also, Lorton is not southern the only place in Lorton that feels southern is Gunston. Have you been to Lorton before? Go to Lorton station and silver brook road. Meet the people and residents there. It's very diverse, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.....

Also a place being southern has nothing to do with it being an exurb. Do you know what the word exurb means?
I don't get the comparison to Texas as well

Old 03-11-2015, 07:45 PM

5,793 posts, read 10,627,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
And then on the flip side of this phenomenon is Nelly. A Black Hip Hop artist from St. Louis for those who don't know. He's always had a bit of a southern twang in his rap. "It's getting hot in hurr" but for a while now he has been going more and more country. He teamed up with country group "Georgia Florida Line". Modern White country band that sounds kind of urban meets urban Black rapper that sounds increasingly country...[/url]
Nelly lived across the lake from my house when I was living in Lake Saint Louis, Mo
Never met him, but you would occasionally see him... his neighbors said he was a nice guy.

Which brings me back to my statements of a few pages back (even though I said I was done)
There is a lot of Hick-Hop behavior in the Saint Louis Metro (and its not just in the "far-flung" exburbs)

Old 03-11-2015, 07:48 PM

2,825 posts, read 2,989,684 times
I have to confess that when I first read the question, Tennessee and Alabama immediately came to mind thanks to these guys.

Coming out of rural Tennessee.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oo0xWA0wzI

And Birmingham, Alabama.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk4Nu_5vSR0

Old 03-11-2015, 08:20 PM

3,806 posts, read 4,999,345 times
Quote:
lol really? The "W" word? It is not equivalent to the N word.
It operates entirely on the existence of the n word and has the additional connotation that the user feels there is something wrong or inferior about black culture,

Old 03-11-2015, 08:28 PM

2,851 posts, read 5,428,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
It operates entirely on the existence of the n word and has the additional connotation that the user feels there is something wrong or inferior about black culture,
In England what y'all have been refering to as "whiggers" might be more common than in America. Only in England they call them Chavs.

It's even more odd that so many Chavs exist in England when you consider how few Black people there are there.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:29 PM

9,371 posts, read 17,491,906 times
White trash...it's everywhere. Not unique to down south. Plenty of towns and cities in New England, Northern California and the rest of the country that are populated with these types.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:39 PM

1,833 posts, read 1,708,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
White trash...it's everywhere. Not unique to down south. Plenty of towns and cities in New England, Northern California and the rest of the country that are populated with these types.
No ones talking about white trash. You missed the complete concept of this thread.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or