Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 01:11 PM

20,500 posts, read 33,299,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
I made this thread to see/learn about how many people that respond would say the San Francisco Bay Area.

Looks like not many, unfortunately.
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
City wack yo lol.

and yall wonder why nobody paying attention to houston
city wack because nobody answered your question? You're too lazy to do the research for yourself? Houston doesn't get attention because it doesn't market itself like that. That's your answer on that.

Last edited by Spade; 04-23-2015 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Won't stoop down to that level.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:16 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,756,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
city wack because nobody answered your question? You're too lazy to do the research for yourself? Houston doesn't get attention because it doesn't market itself like that. That's your answer on that. But please, if that means you won't visit Houston, that would retain the IQ's of each city at current levels.
Actually I thought about visiting either Houston, California or Chicago for Memorial Day weekend. I asked because I'm trying to decide what's what. When someone ask me about my city and I give them a list of things to check out like the people in DC and NYC do in this forum. I just will take it as nothing is going on in Houston because most people would be happy to recommend spots to visitors that aren't up on the scene on their city but it's alllll gooooood

Old 04-23-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Actually I thought about visiting either Houston, California or Chicago for Memorial Day weekend. I asked because I'm trying to decide what's what. When someone ask me about my city and I give them a list of things to check out like the people in DC and NYC do in this forum. I just will take it as nothing is going on in Houston because most people would be happy to recommend spots to visitors that aren't up on the scene on their city but it's alllll gooooood
yeah sure

Here, try this out and work from there.

http://www.indmix.com/

Maybe work from here as well.
http://www.houstonpress.com/

Old 04-23-2015, 01:19 PM

6,212 posts, read 9,148,292 times
Quote:
How has K St scene been lately?

What are the spots buppies hit up on Friday and Saturday night now?

What are the most active all around party districts in DC now?

Back when I was there is was K St, U St, Georgetown, etc
I haven't patronized the K Street scene yet but it looks a little velvet rope-ish and flashy in a way at first glance, especially at the Park aka Park & Fourteenth.

DC's busier nightlife districts are Adams Morgan and U Street along with Georgetown (kinda passé but there's still good traffic), DuPont Circle (especially in the area that resident09 pointed out), Shaw, Little Ethiopia, the Barracks Row area in Capitol Hill, H Street NE, K Street, parts of Georgia Ave in Park View and Petworth have been experiencing some nightlife activity, Columbia Heights somewhat, and to some extent 14th Street in Logan Circle.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:23 PM

37,784 posts, read 41,454,075 times
Quote:
city wack because nobody answered your question? You're too lazy to do the research for yourself? Houston doesn't get attention because it doesn't market itself like that. That's your answer on that.
But Houston does need to do a better job of marketing itself in general; even city leaders have admitted as much.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
I haven't patronized the K Street scene yet but it looks a little velvet rope-ish and flashy in a way at first glance, especially at the Park aka Park & Fourteenth.

DC's busier nightlife districts are Adams Morgan and U Street along with Georgetown (kinda passé but there's still good traffic), DuPont Circle (especially in the area that resident09 pointed out), Shaw, Little Ethiopia, the Barracks Row area in Capitol Hill, H Street NE, K Street, parts of Georgia Ave in Park View and Petworth have been experiencing some nightlife activity, Columbia Heights somewhat, and to some extent 14th Street in Logan Circle.
Cool. I visited there a lot from 2002- 2005 and move there from 2005 - 2009. I mostly did Ozio's, Dream/love, Vip Club, H20, Park, etc. Cool

Old 04-23-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
yeah sure

Here, try this out and work from there.

:: inDmix.com ::

Maybe work from here as well.
Houston News and Events | Houston Press

Thanks

Old 04-23-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
But Houston does need to do a better job of marketing itself in general; even city leaders have admitted as much.
Telling me nothing new. I've said this already for the last 7 years on this site.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
I made this thread to see/learn about how many people that respond would say the San Francisco Bay Area.

Looks like not many, unfortunately.
San Fran...no

Oakland...yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City