U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-15-2015, 12:03 PM
 
668 posts, read 640,601 times
Reputation: 423

Advertisements

I'm only including metropolitan areas with a population of 250,000 or more, even then you've probably never even heard of some of them

(figures are for non Hispanic whites)

1. Kingsport-Bristol-Bristol, TN-VA - 306,000 - 95.0%
2. Huntington-Ashland, WV-KY-OH - 365,000 - 94.2%
3. Portland-South Portland-Biddeford, ME - 514,098 - 93.5%
4. Duluth, MN-WI - 279,771 - 91.9%
5. Charleston, WV - 304,284 - 91.8%
6. Springfield, MO - 436,712 - 91.5%
7. Cedar Rapids, IA - 255,452 - 90.6%
8. Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, PA - 563,631 - 89.2%
9. Evansville, IN-KY - 358,676 - 88.9%
10. Canton-Massillon, OH - 404,422 - 88.4%
11. Manchester-Nashua, NH - 400,721 - 87.6%
12. Pittsburgh, PA - 2,359,746 - 87.1%
13. Spokane–Coeur d'Alene, 679,989 - 87.0%
14. Knoxville, TN, 852,715 - 86.9%
15. Ashveille, NC, 424,858 - 86.3%
16. Hagerstown-Martinsburg, MD-WV, 269,140 - 85.1%
17. Lincoln, NE, 302,157 - 85.0%
18. Eugene-Springfield, OR, 351,715 - 84.7%
19. Fort Collins-Loveland, CO. 310,487 - 84.5%
20. Provo-Orem, UT. 526,810 - 84.3%
21. Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, OH-PA. 565,773 - 84.3%
22. Syracuse, NY. 732,117 - 83.8%
23. Des Moines, IA. 569,633 - 83.6%
24. Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY. 870,716 - 82.9%
25.Ogden-Clearfield, UT. 547,184 - 82.7%
26. Akron. OH. 703,200 - 82.4%
27. Boise, ID. 616,561 - 81.9%
28. Cincinnati-Middletown, OH-KY-IN - 2,130,151 - 81.6%
29. Worcester, MA, 798,552 - 80.7%
30. Roanoke, VA, 308,707 - 80.6%

 
Old 03-15-2015, 02:11 PM
 
178 posts, read 242,316 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
I'm only including metropolitan areas with a population of 250,000 or more, even then you've probably never even heard of some of them

(figures are for non Hispanic whites)

1. Kingsport-Bristol-Bristol, TN-VA - 306,000 - 95.0%
2. Huntington-Ashland, WV-KY-OH - 365,000 - 94.2%
3. Portland-South Portland-Biddeford, ME - 514,098 - 93.5%
4. Duluth, MN-WI - 279,771 - 91.9%
5. Charleston, WV - 304,284 - 91.8%
6. Springfield, MO - 436,712 - 91.5%
7. Cedar Rapids, IA - 255,452 - 90.6%
8. Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, PA - 563,631 - 89.2%
9. Evansville, IN-KY - 358,676 - 88.9%
10. Canton-Massillon, OH - 404,422 - 88.4%
11. Manchester-Nashua, NH - 400,721 - 87.6%
12. Pittsburgh, PA - 2,359,746 - 87.1%
13. Spokane–Coeur d'Alene, 679,989 - 87.0%
14. Knoxville, TN, 852,715 - 86.9%
15. Ashveille, NC, 424,858 - 86.3%
16. Hagerstown-Martinsburg, MD-WV, 269,140 - 85.1%
17. Lincoln, NE, 302,157 - 85.0%
18. Eugene-Springfield, OR, 351,715 - 84.7%
19. Fort Collins-Loveland, CO. 310,487 - 84.5%
20. Provo-Orem, UT. 526,810 - 84.3%
21. Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, OH-PA. 565,773 - 84.3%
22. Syracuse, NY. 732,117 - 83.8%
23. Des Moines, IA. 569,633 - 83.6%
24. Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY. 870,716 - 82.9%
25.Ogden-Clearfield, UT. 547,184 - 82.7%
26. Akron. OH. 703,200 - 82.4%
27. Boise, ID. 616,561 - 81.9%
28. Cincinnati-Middletown, OH-KY-IN - 2,130,151 - 81.6%
29. Worcester, MA, 798,552 - 80.7%
30. Roanoke, VA, 308,707 - 80.6%

Nice!
 
Old 03-16-2015, 01:25 AM
 
Location: The canyon (with my pistols and knife)
12,994 posts, read 17,122,083 times
Reputation: 14300
Pelt them all with rocks!
 
Old 03-16-2015, 05:08 AM
 
Location: Northeast Suburbs of PITTSBURGH
3,480 posts, read 3,300,400 times
Reputation: 2202
My city is better than yours because XXXXX has more XXXXX than XXXXX. Wow another thread showing how weird city data is with race and "diversity"
 
Old 03-16-2015, 10:24 AM
 
Location: The canyon (with my pistols and knife)
12,994 posts, read 17,122,083 times
Reputation: 14300
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
My city is better than yours because XXXXX has more XXXXX than XXXXX. Wow another thread showing how weird city data is with race and "diversity"
Most people on this website only value diversity as a decoration. They don't care to have any meaningful interactions with other kinds of people. Their mentality can best be summed up as, "Make my city look like a melting pot so I can pretend I'm better than everybody else, and be sure to make me some food while you're at it!"
 
Old 03-16-2015, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
5,560 posts, read 5,364,361 times
Reputation: 3017
Ohio is primarily White anyway, which will never change so that isn't news.
 
Old 03-16-2015, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Willowbend/Houston
13,403 posts, read 20,288,060 times
Reputation: 10181
Diversity is important. It adds character, different viewpoints, cultural interactions, and exposure is the only way to cure bigotry. I personally value diversity greatly.
 
Old 03-16-2015, 11:47 AM
 
Location: At my house in my state
637 posts, read 647,648 times
Reputation: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Ohio is primarily White anyway, which will never change so that isn't news.
Literally every state in America other than Hawaii is majorily white.
 
Old 03-16-2015, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
5,560 posts, read 5,364,361 times
Reputation: 3017
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
Literally every state in America other than Hawaii is majorily white.
Absolutely. So what difference does it make, about individual metropolitan areas when the majority of the states are White?
 
Old 03-16-2015, 01:06 PM
 
668 posts, read 640,601 times
Reputation: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
Literally every state in America other than Hawaii is majorily white.
Nope

California
Texas
New Mexico

are also minority majority, those are the 2 most populous states in the country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top