U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 11:44 AM

6,795 posts, read 6,606,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Miami and Vegas have always been cities of the super rich and the poor, thats how life is in most countries. America's middle class is shrinking its sad to think but its mostly like your dirt poor or super rich these days not much in between. It's America's war on the middle class with taxes being too high.
Taxes are higher in Europe and several countries there have a very healthy middle class. Some of the Northern Europe and Scandinavian countries come to mind like Sweden.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:49 AM

1,699 posts, read 1,484,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
I usually don't agree with you but I couldn't thank you enough. This guy has taken a jab at almost every city and metro that's more superior than Miami. Oh the jealousy
What's your metro again Delusiona, I'm wondering when I offended it

There is no jealousy here, unlike 99% of people posting here, who are tied to a particular city, because of jobs, and making a move would be hard to impossible to them, I can move whenever I want at a finger snap. This Thursday I will fly to Tokyo and spend there indefinitely, and then when I'm bored come back to my home in Miami Beach. I will send you a picture of the cherry blossoms there

The reason I live in Miami is the same reason so many UHNWI have a secondary presence in this city, because the passion of this place. This place lives and breathes, most other places in the USA just works and dies.

Do you understand spanish?

Old 03-24-2015, 12:04 PM

31,598 posts, read 53,197,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
After New York, you're more likely to see a billionaire here than any other US city.
lol the Bay Area has 30 more billionaires than the entire state of Florida, let go and let God.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
lol the Bay Area has 30 more billionaires than the entire state of Florida, let go and let God.
Nope, you're only thinking primary residence. When you factor primary and secondary, just Miami metro has more billionaires than the entire California.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:08 PM

6,795 posts, read 6,606,246 times
A lot of billionaires in other countries probably do own secondary residences in Miami, but SF still has more primary residential billionaires than Miami.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Nope, you're only thinking primary residence. When you factor primary and secondary, just Miami metro has more billionaires than the entire California.
Hahahahahaha
California Has More Billionaires Than Every Country Except The U.S. And China - Forbes

Old 03-24-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
A lot of billionaires in other countries probably do own secondary residences in Miami, but SF still has more primary residential billionaires than Miami.
Which is because SF has an industry, however it has no draw for UHNWI individuals who don't make money in San Francisco. Almost all activity in Miami is from UHNWI who don't make their money here. But the appeal is much broader, more UHNWI from around the world want to be seen here. So that's why in the end we are 6 and San Francisco is 19.

What's funny is most of those UHNWI from San Francisco have secondary residences here as well, but not just San Francisco but Los Angeles, New York, London, Moscow, Paris, Rome, Hong Kong, Shanghai.

Like I said we're for playing and living, San Francisco for working.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Which is because SF has an industry, however it has no draw for UHNWI individuals who don't make money in San Francisco. Almost all activity in Miami is from UHNWI who don't make their money here. But the appeal is much broader, more UHNWI from around the world want to be seen here. So that's why in the end we are 6 and San Francisco is 19.

What's funny is most of those UHNWI from San Francisco have secondary residences here as well, but not just San Francisco but Los Angeles, New York, London, Moscow, Paris, Rome, Hong Kong, Shanghai.

Like I said we're for playing and living, San Francisco for working.
Yes. Miami is a secondary residence people retire and vacay at while SF is a primary residence of more than twice as many billionaires and at least FIVE TIMES MORE UHNWIs.

Agreed 100%.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes. Miami is a secondary residence people retire and vacay at while SF is a primary residence more than twice as many billionaires and at least FIVE TIMES MORE UHNWIs.

Agreed 100%.
Who cares about primary residence? That's a reflection of markets. It doesn't mean they like their city, it means very often their corporation is based there.

Point is Miami has such an appeal with UHNWI we have more billionaires and UHNWI in general coming in and out of here than San Francisco. You can call it vacay but they spend months here at a time.

In the end, your lack of appeal got you to 19, and us to 6. I see you're still salty and foaming at the mouth trying to discredit it

Old 03-24-2015, 12:40 PM

Let me give this analogy then I have to go

Think of UHNWI as beautiful girls. Think of San Francisco as that hardworking nerd, who pulls nice money and has a stable job. Think of Miami as the playboy with no stable job.

Now think of you, shaking your head in complete amazement that more beautiful girls (UHNWI) have flings with the playboy (Miami) despite you (San Francisco) being a hard worker.

So you cling onto that you're in a committed, long term relationship (primary residence) with a beautiful girl (UHNWI) ignoring the fact that same beautiful girl is having a fling (secondary residence) with the playboy (Miami) on the side, in complete disrespect of you. And besides your own girl doing it, other girls are doing it as well. But in the end, no matter how popular the playboy (Miami) is with girls (UHNWI), his lack of stability (industry) keeps the relationships to mostly flings.

He will see more girls (UHNWI) enter and leave his life than the nerd (San Francisco), but will always have temporary relationships with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or