U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 08:08 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,504,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The four-bedroom home, located in San Francisco's Outer Sunset neighborhood, was listed for $799,000 in February and sold for $1.21 million just two weeks after coming onto the market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 08:17 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,477,758 times
Yay, the ultra rich prefer certain places over others. They also prefer sex slavery and other hobbies to break the boredom of having endless funds and endless droves of people telling them they are special compared to the rest of the populace.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:46 PM

11,543 posts, read 17,884,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonelitist View Post
I just want to point out another huge difference between a Miami and a San Francisco. In Miami, high end home sales are highly publicized and as has already been pointed out, the rich there WANT to be seen and talked about. Virtually every listing is on MLS. There are entire tv shows about it.

This is pretty much opposite of the case in the entire Bay Area where most buyers are concealed through LLCs, nobody ever wants to be talked about based on where they live (people want to be known for what they are doing, and if that happens to make them a lot of money, that's an afterthought). And many listings are never on MLS or are "off market" transactions.

For instance, a 5,400 sf condo in a classic 1924 doorman building in Pacific Heights just sold, quietly, for $30M (that's $5500psf by the way). It was never listed. Nobody knows who the buyer is and frankly, while the sale was publicized after the fact on some real estate blogs, nobody was dying to know who it was. It was simply "noted" as under contract for that price by a "source close to the deal".

This is standard procedure for Bay Area real estate. Keep in mind the Bay Area is one of the few places in the world where houses have been listed or sold for north of $100M (as is South FL). Also, Napa/Sonoma and Carmel are some of the most notable and desirable areas in the world for the global elite.

This thread has really gone down hill. We all "get it" about Miami. We all knew that before this thread. You don't "get it" about other places. Which is why you're down in Miami, content to be completely oblivious to the rest of the real world (like so many others down there, I might add).
That's a load......

As someone who grew up in one of the Bay Area places where people want to be known for where they live, I call bull on that one.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:35 AM

9,086 posts, read 12,858,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
That's a load......

As someone who grew up in one of the Bay Area places where people want to be known for where they live, I call bull on that one.
Yeh I agree.I remeber it was just a few years ago that no one would EVER admit they wanted to live in Oakland.Now SF is so expensive people are moving there from SF.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:04 PM

1,699 posts, read 1,479,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonelitist View Post
^^^To SDPMiami and his other pseudonym JR
JR is a good guy, but he's not me. Any moderator can tell you that just by IPs.

Quote:
, $3M home in the Bay Area isn't "luxury" real estate and is quite mediocre. It'd be a $500K home in the Atlanta metro, for instance. However, in Miami, $3M gets you quite a lot.
Just stop talking, you're a nobody who probably rents a 5k studio and struggles to get by yet I and the rest of the forum have to read your endless comments on what "the wealthy actually do" like you are somehow connected or in the loop.

Miami is top 10 for most expensive luxury real estate in the WORLD. That includes places like Monaco, London, NYC, Paris, Tokyo, Singapore and so on. They measure this by price for square footage. The luxury real estate market is actually independent of the regular pricing market, just because San Francisco in general is more expensive (for regular renters) doesn't mean it's more expensive in the luxury markets. That's a price and demand curve for a different set of people.

Just to show you where you exactly are when you talk to me, not say I'm UHNWI because I'm not, but often times I feel silly talking to you about these things like a grown up talking to a kid about finances.

This is a 9k USD airplane ticket from LAX to Tokyo. How many months of rent is that your studio in San Francisco?

And this is my view in Tokyo for the time:

Old 03-28-2015, 11:13 PM

I already knew everything in China was upside down, but Japan is sideways? So cool!

Old 03-28-2015, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
I already knew everything in China was upside down, but Japan is sideways? So cool!
I wouldn't go into standup anytime soon, just saying

Old 03-28-2015, 11:20 PM

I really wanna see the rest of whatever that is in the bottom left.

EDIT: oh is that just part of the structure you are in?

Old 03-28-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
I really wanna see the rest of whatever that is in the bottom left.
Be a good boy and find yourself a thread you can actually contribute in.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:55 PM

Gosh, I wish I had the technological capability to post random pictures and the mental incapacity to argue like a 12 year old..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or