U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Oklahoma City vs Atlanta
Oklahoma City 18 16.67%
Atlanta 90 83.33%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 09:08 AM

7,258 posts, read 3,280,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Better to compare OKC with Albuquerque
OKC would lose this comparison if only because of the natural beauty of central New Mexico blows away the starkness of Central Oklahoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 01:07 PM

27,749 posts, read 24,748,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I wouldn't even say Job market is debatable anymore. Georgia was 2nd of all states for Job Growth(+25400) in the country just behind California in February and it almost beat California(+29400) despite being almost 4 times as small in population and only having one major city.

Source: Regional and State Employment and Unemployment Summary

Truth is Atlanta and Georgia is booming right now in job growth and a lot of it isn't low wage job growth either.
I just say it's debatable because OKC recovered from the recession much earlier than Atlanta, has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country right now (3.7%), and it's possible that OKC had a faster rate of job growth within the past year. So pound for pound, OKC may still have an edge.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:38 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,496,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Everything except COL, traffic, and surrounding cities goes to Atlanta. Job market is a bit debatable at the moment.
Granted, besides Decatur, Atlanta's surrounding cities pretty much blow, but I can't imagine OKC's being any better.

I'll give it up to OKC for having a river running through its downtown. Wish we had one.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Granted, besides Decatur, Atlanta's surrounding cities pretty much blow, but I can't imagine OKC's being any better.
I didn't think "surrounding cities" meant suburbs, but other cities not that far away. OKC having DFW about three hours away gives it the win in that category.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:21 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,496,902 times
Quote:
I didn't think "surrounding cities" meant suburbs, but other cities not that far away. OKC having DFW about three hours away gives it the win in that category.
Having Savannah, Nashville, and Ashville in reasonable proximity is more valuable than DFW, I'd argue.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Having Savannah, Nashville, and Ashville in reasonable proximity is more valuable than DFW, I'd argue.
Well it's a little more than DFW, but Atlanta does have an advantage with coastal cities in particular not being too far away.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:16 PM

779 posts, read 649,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Guess which Eastern Conference team has the best record against the West this year...
That may be true, but they still play in a weaker division is all I'm saying.

Quote:
DFW sucks.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:18 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,711,641 times
The Atlanta Hawks have gone 5-5 in their last 10 games.

I am still bandwagoning them this year to win it all. I want to see the Hawks win it all this year, it would be awesome, the team plays a really fun style of basketball. Similar to the fluid offense of San Antonio Spurs and Golden State Warriors. I wouldn't mind if any of those three teams won it all this year.

I'll bandwagon the Hawks for the title this year. It was a spectacular surprise season, just get above 60 wins already.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:26 PM

779 posts, read 649,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
The Atlanta Hawks have gone 5-5 in their last 10 games.

I am still bandwagoning them this year to win it all. I want to see the Hawks win it all this year, it would be awesome, the team plays a really fun style of basketball. Similar to the fluid offense of San Antonio Spurs and Golden State Warriors. I wouldn't mind if any of those three teams won it all this year.

I'll bandwagon the Hawks for the title this year. It was a spectacular surprise season, just get above 60 wins already.
No way they're winning it all unless it's fixed.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:30 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,711,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
No way they're winning it all unless it's fixed.
The Atlanta Hawks massacred the heck out of pretty much every single team in January. Not even just January but all season long they have:

They swept the Los Angeles Clippers, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, Oklahoma City Thunder, Phoenix Suns, Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks; dominated the Cleveland Cavaliers, Chicago Bulls, Washington Wizards, split their season series with the New Orleans Pelicans, Golden State Warriors, Memphis Grizzlies; and have only succumbed to the Toronto Raptors (why?) and have been swept by the San Antonio Spurs.

They should be considered favorites for the title along with Golden State Warriors and to a lesser extent the San Antonio Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers. After that the Houston Rockets to finish the top 5.

Not saying that they will be the ones to win it all, that's really hard to do, but the Hawks are the ones that I will stick with this year. My team is lottery bound (Lakers), so I wont support a Western Conference team in title pursuit this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City