Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city would you want to live in the most?
Virginia Beach, VA 5 5.68%
San Jose, CA 1 1.14%
Austin, TX 10 11.36%
El Paso, TX 4 4.55%
Raleigh, NC 4 4.55%
San Diego, CA 22 25.00%
Mesa, AZ 5 5.68%
Los Angeles, CA 21 23.86%
Colorado Springs, CO 6 6.82%
Portland, OR 10 11.36%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 07:27 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times

Advertisements

San Diego if I could afford it but Austin TX because it has a lot of what I like in a city and its more affordable, not a fan of their hot weather in the summer thou.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 08:00 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,461,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookintomove15 View Post
Out of the best cities the USA has to offer what one would you want to live in the most?

The Criteria
Weather
Arts
Culture
Scenery
Friendliness
Transportation
Crime
History
Economy
Cost of living
Interesting list of cities! I picked San Diego out of the available choices, but it would be Honolulu if I could live anywhere in the US.

Weather: I hear the weather is sweet in San Diego, and I like it warm and sunny most of the time with no snow.

Arts: Arts are irrelevant to me, but I'm sure San Diego has offerings here similar to or better than the other cities listed.

Culture: I love the laidback beach culture and living close to the ocean. I also love a diverse city, and San Diego is very diverse compared to where I live now.

Scenery: I love living close to the ocean and palm trees. I hear San Diego is beautiful.

Friendliness: This is irrelevant to me, but I imagine San Diegans are nice folks. Everyone I've ever met from Southern California has seemed pretty chill.

Transportation: I like the idea of the trolley. That's better than just the bus service that I have in my current city.

Crime: I imagine San Diego has its fair share of crime, but I'm sure most of that could be avoided with proper precautions taken like most cities.

History: All cities have interesting histories to me. I'm sure San Diego is no exception.

Economy: I believe San Diego's economy has slightly improved since the Great Recession of 2008. It seems to being doing better than other cities in Southern California. Its unemployment rate is 5.2% vs. 8.3% for L.A., for example.

Cost of Living: This would be my major gripe about San Diego. I'm cheap, and the cost of living is sky high. But the weather, culture, and scenery might make the high cost of living worth it.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:35 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,956,393 times
Whoever told you those poll options are the candidates for the absolute best city in the country was on crack-cocaine. Save for the Los Angeles selection, the rest of them aren't considered among the absolute best cities in the country. All of them except Portland and Los Angeles arguably aren't even the best cities in their respective states.

The answer is New York. If the thread is about best cities and doesn't have that option then the thread is misleading and wrong as it pertains to the best cities in the United States.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:56 PM

542 posts, read 1,682,780 times
What's so remarkable about San Diego weather? I find it to be rather mundane, very little variety throughout the year. It's also too dry for my taste - I prefer a moderate 4-season city that's not too rainy but also not too sunny. The sweet never tastes as sweet without the sour.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:41 PM

183 posts, read 220,400 times
Philadelphia is better than ALL of them put together. Stupid poll choices.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:37 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,300,659 times
Gun to my head, I'd pick LA.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:37 PM

18,460 posts, read 15,240,962 times
I picked LA, but only because NYC wasn't on the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City