U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2017, 08:10 PM

16,758 posts, read 5,932,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenBronco8 View Post
How is Denver not on this list?? Doesn't make any sense. Denver should defiantly replace Phoenix. I mean this was written in 2012 but still. Deneve should have a spot on here
Why should Denver replace Phoenix? I don't agree with that at all, and I've been to Denver several times for work in the past
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 08:49 PM

114 posts, read 73,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Why should Denver replace Phoenix? I don't agree with that at all, and I've been to Denver several times for work in the past
Question is why shouldn't it replace it? Phoenix? That's pretty laughable. But this was written in 2012 and things have changed drastically in Denver since then. Denver>Phoenix in pretty much everything

Old 06-15-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Question is why shouldn't it replace it? Phoenix? That's pretty laughable. But this was written in 2012 and things have changed drastically in Denver since then. Denver>Phoenix in pretty much everything
Lol, Phoenix is a bigger city than Denver, and while Denver has a higher population density due to being in it's own county, the suburbs are no denser than the Phoenix suburbs. And you should go to inner city Phoenix sometime before making a baseless claim like you did. You couldn't pay me to live in Denver, mainly due to the weather. If Denver had LA weather, it might be a different story

Old 06-15-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Lol, Phoenix is a bigger city than Denver, and while Denver has a higher population density due to being in it's own county, the suburbs are no denser than the Phoenix suburbs. And you should go to inner city Phoenix sometime before making a baseless claim like you did. You couldn't pay me to live in Denver, mainly due to the weather. If Denver had LA weather, it might be a different story
So? Bigger doesn't mean better. Since when does a bigger population mean better city? I've been to Phoenix before.. it's not urban at all. Feels like a really big suburb. You call that a dynamic city? Denver is more urban and feels more like a traditional city. That's fine you can keep the heat. I'll stick with my mild winters and tolerable summers over that scorching desert heat anytime

Old 06-15-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
So? Bigger doesn't mean better. Since when does a bigger population mean better city? I've been to Phoenix before.. it's not urban at all. Feels like a really big suburb. You call that a dynamic city? Denver is more urban and feels more like a traditional city. That's fine you can keep the heat. I'll stick with my mild winters and tolerable summers over that scorching desert heat anytime
Mild winters...WE have mild winters, Denver winters are cold and snowy with a mix of Chinook warmups

And Central Phoenix, Downtown, and Downtown Tempe are urban

Old 06-16-2017, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Mild winters...WE have mild winters, Denver winters are cold and snowy with a mix of Chinook warmups

And Central Phoenix, Downtown, and Downtown Tempe are urban
Phoenix doesn't even have a winter. Denver does have mild winters. When it snows, it melts fast. We have plenty of warm winter days. Like I said I would rather deal with that then the extreme heat of Phoenix. I'm sure they are urban to a point but Denver is still more urban. There is nothing that Phoenix has that should make it considered a dynamic city.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:33 AM

2,440 posts, read 1,512,494 times
Quote:
Phoenix doesn't even have a winter. Denver does have mild winters. When it snows, it melts fast. We have plenty of warm winter days. Like I said I would rather deal with that then the extreme heat of Phoenix. I'm sure they are urban to a point but Denver is still more urban. There is nothing that Phoenix has that should make it considered a dynamic city.
So you like snow more than some of us, I wouldn't willingly choose to deal with Denver weather, I was there at the end April and it was in the 40s, you have an extremely long period of cold weather and it can snow like 7 months of the year, sure there's the ocassional warmups mixed... not enough to make me want to live there.

Phoenix is a much younger city than Denver as well, we're getting more urban, just like Denver did. If you're too shortsighted to see even a single thing that makes Phoenix dynamic, clearly you've got homer blinders on. I don't want to live in Denver but I recognize and appreciate it's positives such as the museums, beer, and performing arts centers.

Phoenix has a lot of great things as well, gems like Heard museum and orpheum theater, the FLW designed Biltmore and Taliesen West. Valley Youth Theater recently sprang to fame as the school Emma Stone attended. We host one of the largest art walks in the country every month. So take a step back before throwing out jabs on places you clearly know little about. Just because you came to Phoenix once doesn't make you an expert on it.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
So you like snow more than some of us, I wouldn't willingly choose to deal with Denver weather, I was there at the end April and it was in the 40s, you have an extremely long period of cold weather and it can snow like 7 months of the year, sure there's the ocassional warmups mixed... not enough to make me want to live there.

Phoenix is a much younger city than Denver as well, we're getting more urban, just like Denver did. If you're too shortsighted to see even a single thing that makes Phoenix dynamic, clearly you've got homer blinders on. I don't want to live in Denver but I recognize and appreciate it's positives such as the museums, beer, and performing arts centers.

Phoenix has a lot of great things as well, gems like Heard museum and orpheum theater, the FLW designed Biltmore and Taliesen West. Valley Youth Theater recently sprang to fame as the school Emma Stone attended. We host one of the largest art walks in the country every month. So take a step back before throwing out jabs on places you clearly know little about. Just because you came to Phoenix once doesn't make you an expert on it.
I've came to Phoenix way more then once. And yes sometimes we will get snow on April or even may. But all the warm sunny days in December and January make up for that. I never said Phoenix doesn't have some great aspects to it. There is nothing that Phoenix does better then Denver to make it a dynamic city. You host one of the largest art walks..well that's cool. We have the 2nd biggest performing arts complex in the country.

We have probably the best concert venue in the country. Red Rocks Ampitheatre. We have a world class airport, better public transportation, the more urban city, one of the best economies in the U.S. lowest unemployment rate, I can go on and on.

Keep in mind I'm not saying Phoenix is a bad city, but it shouldn't have been on that list..it's understandable though because that list was made in 2012. A lot has changed since then.

Last edited by DenBronco8; 06-16-2017 at 11:58 AM..

Old 01-17-2018, 01:24 AM

2,551 posts, read 1,314,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
San Diego is a better city, but Phoenix has better women. It's hard say

SD has some hot ass women....

Old 01-18-2018, 10:16 AM

5,404 posts, read 7,190,857 times
Quote:
I've came to Phoenix way more then once. And yes sometimes we will get snow on April or even may. But all the warm sunny days in December and January make up for that. I never said Phoenix doesn't have some great aspects to it. There is nothing that Phoenix does better then Denver to make it a dynamic city. You host one of the largest art walks..well that's cool. We have the 2nd biggest performing arts complex in the country.

We have probably the best concert venue in the country. Red Rocks Ampitheatre. We have a world class airport, better public transportation, the more urban city, one of the best economies in the U.S. lowest unemployment rate, I can go on and on.

Keep in mind I'm not saying Phoenix is a bad city, but it shouldn't have been on that list..it's understandable though because that list was made in 2012. A lot has changed since then.
Way more than once? Too many Phoenix experts who have been here "way more than once"...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City